Flash

BrownGem

Zealot
Gold
Feb 27, 2009
Texas
Browsing around info and reviews on devices that use flash in the past I have seen complaints on performance. Yes flash works but it puts a heavy load on the processor and battery life. Crashes are not uncommon. Could this also be the reasons Apple doesn't want flash?

Mthoroughbred

Zealot
Silver
Dec 16, 2008
But it's on Android phones? Steve Jobs doesn't want Flash on the iPhone, and he's been pretty vocal about it.
Yes Android phones have flash attest some of the high rollers but people have complained about performance and battery life on their devices. One of the reasons why adobe has pushed flash on the droid is to show people that it can run on a mobile device and to try to prove Apple wrong.

iusoloman

Bronze
Jul 13, 2010
But it's on Android phones? Steve Jobs doesn't want Flash on the iPhone, and he's been pretty vocal about it.
Omg! What is wrong with SJ?! Why wouldn't he want flash on the iPhone? U think it could be 'cause he wants full credit for the iPhone and doesn't want to have to share profits?

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
Omg! What is wrong with SJ?! Why wouldn't he want flash on the iPhone? U think it could be 'cause he wants full credit for the iPhone and doesn't want to have to share profits?
I'm thinking 14, maybe 15

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
I'm not making fun of him, nor should you . I just wasn't sure what he was trying to say.
I wasn't making fun of him/her at all I understood what he/she was trying to say than my antibiotic kicked in I apologize if It was offensive in any way

iusoloman

Bronze
Jul 13, 2010
No need to apologize. No offense taken what so ever.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
No need to apologize. No offense taken what so ever.
Next time I take my medication I'll put my phone away promise :) if you wanna check how bad flash runs on the iPhone check cloudbrowse

CASEACE79

Contributor
Bronze
Mar 29, 2009
Here's the truth about why Steve Jobs doesn't want flash on any iDevice.

Steve has a pretty good argument about not using flash. It's an old platform that is out dated and crashes a lot. Ask any Mac user. It sucks up processor speed drains battery life. Then there is the problem with mouseover being such a problem cause there isn't a mouse when using a touch screen. This is all true and very valid but it's not the core reason jobs doesn't want flash on his devices. The REAL truth is that all flash apps would automatically be able to bypass the AppStore and Apple's approval process. It would effect their bottom line and enable a user experience Apple could not control. We will always find ways around Apples stronghold on the user experience. That's why jail breaking is so important. It gives us the users our device back and gives developers freedom to create apps THEY want to make. Not just the ones Apple will allow them to make. Frash is a great example. We can now enjoy flash ads on our idevices (lol) Frash is still in alpha and you can find ways to get it on your device but it isn't an official release due to the fact that it is using adobe's code which is copyright infringement. It's a step in the right direction but still needs tons of work. Follow @planetbeing on Twitter to get any updates.

Mthoroughbred

Zealot
Silver
Dec 16, 2008
Why is it better without? Is there a crashing issue or is it just buggy. There are some sites that just don't work well without flash so I'm not necessarily looking for video viewing but it would be nice if they had an update that would allow it in the future. Did the people who make imobilecinema just not make a version for 4.0?
It only does adds and some websites that need it but like I said it mainly does adds.

jafundy

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
Is there an app that let's you open flash docs in email and on the web?

Vikrant

Nov 19, 2010
India
Hi I want to upload my personal videos or u can say videos from YouTube etc how I can upload flash player videos as tried but can't figure it out can some one help

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
You only waited 1 minute before bumping? Chill.

Apple does not allow flash player on there devices.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using my iPhone 4

Oct 5, 2010
Ireland,UK
You only waited 1 minute before bumping? Chill.

Apple does not allow flash player on there devices.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using my iPhone 4
There is a way round flash though by using a app called sky fire but I'm
Sure you already now this .