Flashing Screen

iSpend

Bronze
Jan 11, 2008
For a few weeks now, I've been having this problem. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

When my phone goes into sleep/lock mode, whether it does it on it's own after 5 minutes, or I press the power button to lock it, it freezes.

Usually the hit the home button, to bring up the screen that allows you to enter a passcode right? Well, either my screen remains black when I hit home, or it shows me the passcode screen, only it's frozen. I can't slide to unlock, cant do anything.

I hold home+power to reset, and it does, but after the black screen with the silver Apple icon goes away, the phone begins to flash the frozen screen...from before I reset it. Then it starts to flash black&white horizontal lines.

I thought maybe a restore would help, but it's still doing it. Any suggestions?

iSpend

Bronze
Jan 11, 2008
Will they help? I ask, because ofcourse it's been jailbroken. Are there iPhone viruses, maybe it has one and they can help me with it?

iSpend

Bronze
Jan 11, 2008
no, I didn't do restore backup, because the Mac I'm using had no prexisting iPhone info on it.

Just did a reg, 1.1.4 restore. BTW, I downloaded .3 from your other thread, but I can't find the firmware restore, anywhere in that folder.

Anyway, its working fine now, but I haven't jailbroken with ZiPhone yet. I'm kinda thinking that one of the third party apps may be the reason.

fretos86

Nov 12, 2007
i have the same problem... i restored and set up as new phone but still sometimes it crashes and i cant do anything! Just reset!