Flashing Screen

Discussion in 'Jailbreak Archives' started by iSpend, Mar 31, 2008.

1. iSpend

iSpend Member
    Bronze

For a few weeks now, I've been having this problem. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

When my phone goes into sleep/lock mode, whether it does it on it's own after 5 minutes, or I press the power button to lock it, it freezes.

Usually the hit the home button, to bring up the screen that allows you to enter a passcode right? Well, either my screen remains black when I hit home, or it shows me the passcode screen, only it's frozen. I can't slide to unlock, cant do anything.

I hold home+power to reset, and it does, but after the black screen with the silver Apple icon goes away, the phone begins to flash the frozen screen...from before I reset it. Then it starts to flash black&white horizontal lines.

I thought maybe a restore would help, but it's still doing it. Any suggestions?

2. themanofthedark

themanofthedark New Member
    Gold

take it to Apple...

3. iSpend

iSpend Member
    Bronze

Will they help? I ask, because ofcourse it's been jailbroken. Are there iPhone viruses, maybe it has one and they can help me with it?

4. themanofthedark

themanofthedark New Member
    Gold

when you restored, did you press restore from backup?

5. xcissexc

xcissexc New Member

if you bring it to Apple restore and set up as a new phone

6. iSpend

iSpend Member
    Bronze

no, I didn't do restore backup, because the Mac I'm using had no prexisting iPhone info on it.

Just did a reg, 1.1.4 restore. BTW, I downloaded .3 from your other thread, but I can't find the firmware restore, anywhere in that folder.

Anyway, its working fine now, but I haven't jailbroken with ZiPhone yet. I'm kinda thinking that one of the third party apps may be the reason.

7. fretos86

fretos86 New Member

i have the same problem... i restored and set up as new phone but still sometimes it crashes and i cant do anything! Just reset!

8. iSpend

iSpend Member
    Bronze

which version are you running?

If 1.1.2 or older, try upgrading.