Flicking Through Web Pages

Michael Baturin

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
South Jersey
Not sure if this is something I missed, but I am definitely noticing now that flicking up and down through webpages is much more intuitive than it used to be. In V1 I remember there was a 'maximum speed' that you could flick through web pages. Now, it seems if you are flicking to the bottom of a page, the lower you start your finger, and the faster you flick up, the more the page is scrolled through. It almost now seems like a spring type effect where the more you wind up and faster you release, the more spring you get down or up the page. A little hard to explain, but mess around with it and let me know if anyone else notices this change.

jptolife

Silver
Jul 15, 2007
New York City
This is because of the new processor speed on the 3GS. Because it is much faster, it can render the contents of the pages way faster without getting that checkered portion when scrolling down the pages and having to wait.

Michael Baturin

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
South Jersey
This is because of the new processor speed on the 3GS. Because it is much faster, it can render the contents of the pages way faster without getting that checkered portion when scrolling down the pages and having to wait.
Oh so the functionality, you believe, has always been there? Its just that the new hardware (faster processor, etc), is allowing it to work in an ideal state?

That would make sense, but I definitely remembering scrolling to the bottom of a long page on V1 which had already been loaded, and having to do anywhere from 5-10 finger swipes to get there. On those same really long pages, I can now do 1 or 2 and get from top to bottom.