Flight mode

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by hmfc-1874, Jun 13, 2013.

1. hmfc-1874

hmfc-1874 Contributor
    Silver

See when I put my phone on flight model, I still go to my settings after I have turned flight mode on and go to the 3G and cellular data tabs and turn them off until flight mode is deactivated
    Does this save battery or is it a waste of time and does anyone else do the same after activating flight mode to save battery?

Sent using a bottle of fairy liquid

2. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

I don't think that's necessary. By putting your iPhone in airplane mode, you are effectively shutting off your cellular data and 3G. I don't see how it could have any benefit to your battery.

3. hmfc-1874

hmfc-1874 Contributor
    Silver

Ah Cheers Chris, at first I never noticed I done it, someone pulled me up on it the other week, then I thought about why I would do it (because I though it had a better chance of saving battery)
    Cheers for clearing this up because its one of the reasons I would miss sb settings if I was to move to IOS7.

Sent using a bottle of fairy liquid

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Airplane mode kills all radios (cellular, WiFi, GPS and Bluetooth). You can turn WiFi and Bluetooth back on if you want while it's in airplane mode. The SBSettings airplane mode toggle and iOS 7 Control Center airplane mode toggle behave the same way, so you wouldn't be missing anything as far as that goes by upgrading firmware.