Flight tracker

showguy

Silver
Dec 2, 2007
Long Island, NY
Save your money or donate $2.99 to charity. You will feel better. This app does not work. All I get is "internet error 0" Tried it with edge, 3g and wifi with no luck. Their support page (that is linked from iTunes) does not even mention this app. You have to go to their forum to see that several people are reporting the same issue and nobody has responded with a fix. "STAY AWAY"

I will update if I get a response from the maker or if I find a fix.

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
Thanks for the heads up but what were the reviews on the iTunes store like before you bought it?

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Thanks for the heads up but what were the reviews on the iTunes store like before you bought it?
I think you should at least look at the reviews before you buy. You can weed out the dumb ones and get a good idea of what others think about the app. I was going to get G-Park just for the heck of it and found that it is probably a lame app. Most said if you really need the location, a dropped pin works just as well. We are only talking a dollar here, but they can add up if you aren't careful.

Rip

Silver
Oct 23, 2007
Northern England
Is this the SplashData one?

I have it and it's working fine on my 2G while I'm on my trip to Singapore to pick up an unlocked 3G.

(I'm also here for the Grand Prix but that's a side issue compared to getting an unlocked 3G).

iFerd

Jul 17, 2007
OP, you now have a reaction on the SplashData forum, assuming you are the one that posted there about the issue you raised. Could have been a server down. (No, I didn't write the reply - I don't have this app.)

showguy

Silver
Dec 2, 2007
Long Island, NY
There was a couple of people who reported the same issues, but for the most part most liked it.

PS: After several tries, it is working for now.

iFerd

Jul 17, 2007
It would be fair of you to edit your original post to tell later readers whom may not get far down this thread that the problem that would make you advise giving $3 to charity instead of buying this has cleared up.

showguy

Silver
Dec 2, 2007
Long Island, NY
It would be fair of you to edit your original post to tell later readers whom may not get far down this thread that the problem that would make you advise giving $3 to charity instead of buying this has cleared up.
Yes the problem was cleared up as their servers were down. And as much as this seems to be a trend (after reading more reviews) you are correct, the reviews and their problems were there to be read before I purchased. I am sorry if anybody was offended by this post.

Dallas Phil

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
I use the app "Flight Status" and it works great.