Floating mail icon in status bar

verbalj

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
NYC
So I received the iPad yesterday and, obviously, the first thing I did was jailbreak it. After setting it up and visiting Cydia to download some apps, I noticed that my mail icon randomly appears next to the battery percentage. It may sometimes go away if I launch an app, I've noticed this with native apps, but that's not always a given.

Has anyone come across this? I know I can just backtrack and uninstall each jailbreak app I installed, but I figured I'd ask just in case someone has seen this and knows what caused it.

Thanks!

ipad_screengrab.jpg

verbalj

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
NYC
I thought it was a theme (which may or may not have been compatible with the iPad), but I've since uninstalled it. The problem still pops up (no pun intended). After a hard reset, it still appeared as well.

The iPad is not even a day old, so if I have to, I'll just restore and set it up as new, but I'd rather hold off on that until further notice.

verbalj

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
NYC
Well, it's definitely docked applications. I removed the mail app from the dock. Then the iPod app floated. I removed that from the dock and then the Cydia app floated. Even though infinidock is supposed to be compatible with the iPad, I'm going to remove it to see if the problem persists.

*EDIT* Nope, not infinidock.

fijiman

Contributor
Silver
Feb 13, 2011
UK
Try switching off the MobileSubstrates in sbsetting one at a time to try and pinpoint the culprit. ?

verbalj

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
NYC
I did it the old fashioned way and did it one by one (although toggling the mobilesubstrates sounds a lot easier lol). I uninstalled a couple that I thought were the culprits, then I just uninstalled Shrink (to reduce the number of apps installed) because I don't really need to shrink the icons on the iPad, and wouldn't you know it, it removed the floating icon.

I heard from someone else that they're running shrink, but for whatever reason, probably because of a combination of apps, Shrink was causing the problem. I reinstalled those other apps and everything is still hunky dory.

Now I just gotta figure out the lockscreen problem after a reboot! :eek: