flood update........

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
t

this is the master bedroom. you can see were the water was standing after we took out the carpet.

this is all the carpet and rugs we lost.

this is the patio coffee table. it sits under the back porch and as you can see it didn't make it.

the top picture is the garage. its more or less the party room with the pool table, bar, and couches and such but right now just about everything is wet and or has mildew damage.

the house still smells like mildew but not bad.

iKid

Mar 23, 2008
I feel really bad for you actually. My grandmother had a flood the day after I moved into a new house and she lost everything we had from when I was in kindergarten and stuff she kept from relatives. We lost a lot of, family wise, valuable, stuff.

Buffy

Zealot
Gold
Jan 20, 2008
Ah, Bone, that's awful. What did you find out from your insurance company? I love your furniture, by the way.

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
thanks buff and ikid. I actually am getting the carpet paid for so I'm in the clear. The only thing ive actually lost is allot of work and time.

Btw.... All of my furniture came from ashlys furniture. I duno if you've heard of it but its amazing.

Buffy

Zealot
Gold
Jan 20, 2008
We have one here, I'll have to check it out. Did you choose it yourself? Pretty impressive for a 24 year old bachelor! GREAT job. What type of carpeting are you putting in?

iKid

Mar 23, 2008
We just have an IKEA. NOT that I'm complaining...I love that place.

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
yes I spent the better part of the last ten months decorating the place. I havnt even really posted any good pics of the place yet.
I love ikea but would have to order online as we don't have one.
All in all I probably spent about 30k on furnishing the house since we moved in. spent the entire day yesterday remulching all the flowerbeds and planting new plants and flowers. On the up and up tho the flood has giving me the best idea ever for my 1000th post. And I think the EIC is gona love it.

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
As farr as carpeting goes. I dunk what the stuff is that I have right now but its only four years old and it was really nice. I'm gona try to match the new as closely as possible with the old.

Colin

Bronze
Dec 25, 2007
That so sad, I'm just glad it's not worse and those pics look so familiar (especially the watermarks) I am in the process of pulling together some pictures of a flood that knocked my fathers bowling alley out of businesss.

It all happened when I was really little, and since my father passed away a few years ago, I've been trying to learn more about what happened back then. There was no such thing as Federal Aid back then, and nobody had flood insurance in the middle of the desert.

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
my deepest condolences, man.

our family friends got flooded back in KY once.. it sucked really badly.

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
I'm excited about the new carpet to be honest. I mean who doesn't like new carpet?

S

Starry

OMG Hun I'm SO sorry you had to go through this but THANK GOD You weren't hurt, or your family or the LONGHORNS! LOL

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
Man, that sucks. I'm glad you're ok, and you can always replace that "stuff". Still sucks though.

Colin

Bronze
Dec 25, 2007
Bump! How are things going?

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
Do you have your new carpet yet? When it is installed, post some pics.
Does your house still smell like mildew? I hope not! I would make sure that you don't have water up in the walls. It happens sometimes in Florida, and people can get sick from the mold. (I do not mean to make you paranoid, I just do not know if you checked on this).

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
well....... No new carpet yet the carpet guy is supposed to call me about getting together about tring to match the old.
We have finally got all of the house dry.
We have hauled off all of the carpet and rugs in the driveway.
And as farr as the smell goes, the 600$ rug that was out in the yard for a week finally dried out enough to bring inside. If you get down with your face to it you can still kinda smell the outdoors but that's it so we are good on smell.
As for the water damage. I and a general contracted for a residential construction company and so it was fairly symple to have the house checked for mold problems witch can be very seriouse.
so basically after 12 days the only thing noticbly left from the flood is that there is no carpet in the master BR yet andpart of my fence is still torn down. Other than that the only other set back is this.

In my contract the company said they would come in and fix the back yard so it wouldn't flood. They still hadn't gotten around to it since I bought the house. So eventually they are gone have to bring a tractor over my yard and my beautifull zoisa grass to fix the back yrd.

They also had to pay for my ruined carpet. Haha.
I will deff have to post some more pics tomorrow.

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008

this is the fence between me and my neighbor. my house is the one on the right and as you can see ive ben trying to fix it. that blue and white thing on the ground just inside the yard is my pool. i had to drag it up the street and back into my backyard. ugh that thing was huge. its also trash. just have to figure out how to get rid of it now.

Buffy

Zealot
Gold
Jan 20, 2008

this is the fence between me and my neighbor. my house is the one on the right and as you can see ive ben trying to fix it. that blue and white thing on the ground just inside the yard is my pool. i had to drag it up the street and back into my backyard. ugh that thing was huge. its also trash. just have to figure out how to get rid of it now.
Gah, what a headache to have to deal with! I'm glad you didn't have more damage than you did. The water just finally receded off the roads from the last flood, and it's pouring here today; so much damage done to property and streets.

You have a beautiful view from your backyard, by the way. I LOVE trees, love not having people crowding in on every side. Very nice!

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
thanks a bunch. the view of the trees was a big help in me making the decision to buy the house.