Flytunes reviews

twallyf

Bronze
Oct 20, 2007
I just signed up for flytunes, and I'm still not quite sure if I like it or not. Maybe I just need to play around with it. But if you could fast forward and see what song is currently playing, that would be money.

Spikefood

Bronze
Oct 3, 2007
I was not very pleased with it. I was hoping I could listen to FM stations.

jerzeegrl

Jan 31, 2008
I'm kinda happy with it...

Just thought I'd chime in. I like flytunes ... I'm into talk radio a bit more. I esp. like the BBC. Guess I'm just an old lady!

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
You can fast forward by holding down the right forward button it will fast forward as long as it has been loaded up...

Also for my review.. Its not bad at first did not care for it but then they added my local sports radio station wfan 660 am that is the #1 sports station in the ny area... so I get to hear it all I just wish they yankees would air on that station instead of the mets.. That is perfect for mets fans that want to stream the game from iPhone

kylegod

Silver
Jan 1, 2008
Bethlehem, Pa
I think its nice if wifi is around. Kinda sucks on edge most of the time. And it also sucks in the car because edge is working and it causes massive amounts of gsm interference.

Feb 20, 2008
ESPN Radio and NPR are on it, so I am game. It does not work well with Apollo since every time I get an AIM sound, it cuts out the radio station. I currently am looking for a way to turn off sounds in Apollo, but no luck so far.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
I think its nice if wifi is around. Kinda sucks on edge most of the time. And it also sucks in the car because edge is working and it causes massive amounts of gsm interference.
That pretty much says it for me. I will keep it on my phone for now, but I guess I can take it or leave it.

I like the Pink Floyd station and the Loveline station. It's kind of nice hearing the old reruns when Adam was still on the show. Some of them bring back some memories from what I was dong at the time when I originally a particular show.

Oh and they may have some premium offerings soon for a small monthly charge. It will be allot like satellite radio when it's done. They also have plans to make this playable on your computer.

gary88

Bronze
Sep 11, 2007
Chicago, IL
Flytunes is awesome. People just need to get around the fact that it's not like XM or something.

jerzeegrl

Jan 31, 2008
Flytunes is awesome. People just need to get around the fact that it's not like XM or something.
Not sure if you've logged into flytunes lately, but it's nipping at satellite's heels. 375+ channels PLUS video podcasting. (and it's still free!)