FM Transmitters/Car Stereo Hookups

low23

Jul 13, 2007
Does anyone know if any company out there will ever make something that will be completely compatible with the iPhone for your car. I know a lot of people say that the bluetooth works with their car great, but does it also work for playing music over the stereo.

I was looking for something that charges and also lets me play my music throught the radio without that damn interference you get from cell phones. Also, I wanted something that also would you too use the car speakers to talk to someone on a call.

I bought a FM transmitter from DlO and the charger to go along with it. This would have been a great combination because the transmitter even came with a remote, so I could control my phone even when it was tucked away neatly in my consol. Only problem was, it sounded like crap, because about every 30 sec you got that annoying "interference". Plus when a call came in the music would fade out which was cool, but then it wouldn't play over the speakers.

I just think that some company would have made something by now to fix all of this. Can anyone help me?

Iceblinkluck

Bronze
Mar 30, 2007
Long Island NY
Look at these posts. This has been discussed quite a bit. Try a search of "car stereo" under all forums.

Basically there is no easy solution to this problem that I know of. You need at minimum the following to make all your car dreams come true:

1. a head unit stereo that has bluetooth and ipod functionality
2. time/money to install/buy this.

I have an alpine unit. I use it to play music through the headunit and control the phone through the headunit. The music stops when a call comes in but because i do not have bluetooth the call is not transmitted through the speakers. It comes in on my bluetooth headset which is how I prefer it anyway for privacy and mobility reasons (in case i need to get out of the car in the middle of a call).

Does anyone know if any company out there will ever make something that will be completely compatible with the iPhone for your car. I know a lot of people say that the bluetooth works with their car great, but does it also work for playing music over the stereo.

I was looking for something that charges and also lets me play my music throught the radio without that damn interference you get from cell phones. Also, I wanted something that also would you too use the car speakers to talk to someone on a call.

I bought a FM transmitter from DlO and the charger to go along with it. This would have been a great combination because the transmitter even came with a remote, so I could control my phone even when it was tucked away neatly in my consol. Only problem was, it sounded like crap, because about every 30 sec you got that annoying "interference". Plus when a call came in the music would fade out which was cool, but then it wouldn't play over the speakers.

I just think that some company would have made something by now to fix all of this. Can anyone help me?

Last edited by a moderator: