Foggy camera lens

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Dcgirl12, Aug 12, 2010.

1. Dcgirl12

Dcgirl12 New Member

Hi I was walking in my neighborhood when a thunderstorm came out of no where.I had the phone in my pocket to protect it as much as I could. Everything works but the camera lens is now foggy. Will this eventually go away?

2. Iloveiphones

Iloveiphones Genius
    Platinum

Look in the headphone jack. And in the dock, what's the color?

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

3. Apple fan

Apple fan New Member

Don't worry about it. If the earphone jack is pink and everything works flawless. Don't worry about it. But. If in fact you need to meet a genius at the genius bar the will see if it is water damaged and you will have to shell out another two hundred big ones.

4. Iloveiphones

Iloveiphones Genius
    Platinum

That's the point I was getting too, but explained better.

5. Dcgirl12

Dcgirl12 New Member

Thanks guys.Everything else on the phone works fine and the headphone jack doesn't appear pink but will the fog eventually dry up and go away or should I take it to Apple?

6. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

You could try re bag of rice trick. Place phone in a bag of rice, this will absorb the moisture. You probably don't need to as I bet the lens will clear on it's own but thats an option.

7. Iloveiphones

Iloveiphones Genius
    Platinum

I'd try like above, but if that doesn't clear up, then Apple! Because fog has some moisture in it.

8. Apple fan

Apple fan New Member

I dropped my 3GS in a pool water leaked out of it put it in rice then sold it on eBay for 110. Just sharing my story. Anyways yes it will dry out. If battery life is not as good as before then it has partial water damage to it. Like major battery loss. I've heard stories of partial water damage and while you're raking out the trash and it gies din like 7%