Folder System for Apps?

5shelties

Bronze
Jul 28, 2009
I'm getting lots of Apps for my 3G, and realize that you can drag them around to where you want to group them, but I seem to remember that someone mentioned a system of folders or something similar to keep them more organized. Is such a thing available? I'd really like and appreciate that. Thanks!:sneaky:

FlwrPwer

Evangelist
Gold
Aug 7, 2008
Montgomery, NY
I'm getting lots of Apps for my 3G, and realize that you can drag them around to where you want to group them, but I seem to remember that someone mentioned a system of folders or something similar to keep them more organized. Is such a thing available? I'd really like and appreciate that. Thanks!:sneaky:
If you jailbreak, there is an app on cydia called Categories that will do just this.

5shelties

Bronze
Jul 28, 2009
If you jailbreak, there is an app on cydia called Categories that will do just this.
Unfortunately I'm not jailbroken. Thought there might be something out there for non jailbrokens?

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
iTunes 9.x is reportedly going to let you arrange your springboard icons on your computer, instead of just on your iPhone. Don't think it will have a folder system, but it should help, compared to what it's like now (a chore, IMO).

--
Mike

Jun 30, 2009
Why don't you jailbreak. It's so easy to do, hope you know. If you do this then you will get your problem solved so easily. Think about it.

nepty

Jul 27, 2009
Is Categories the one app to organize applications? Is there any alternatives?