Folders Within Folders For iOS 7

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

FuelieNova

Contributor
Silver
Aug 3, 2008
I finally tried this today. It took me awhile to get the timing down but after doing it a couple of times it's a piece of cake. A useful option IMO
Tom

Sent using iCafe app

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
I just tried this trick and had success after about ten tries. Timing is critical! I'm not sure how useful this will be for most people, but I did have some folders in folders with Folder Enhancer while jailbroken on iOS 6. I haven tried to out a folder in a folder in a folder yet.

Here's a screenshot:

View attachment 31059

Details here: http://www.tuaw.com/2013/09/24/how-to-create-nested-folders-on-ios-7/

Oh GEEZ I tried this and it did not work. I suppose I don't have the magic touch! I tried this right off when i was making larger folders. I figured I could just put the folders inside the one folder but it wouldn't work so I thought it couldn'tbe done.

Oh well, I'll keep trying maybe I can get the timing down before Apple corrects this. Hey, maybe they'll make it easier to do. Who knows.

Aug 2, 2007
Long Island N.Y.
Oh GEEZ I tried this and it did not work. I suppose I don't have the magic touch! I tried this right off when I was making larger folders. I figured I could just put the folders inside the one folder but it wouldn't work so I thought it couldn'tbe done.

Oh well, I'll keep trying maybe I can get the timing down before Apple corrects this. Hey, maybe they'll make it easier to do. Who knows.
Videos work a lot better for me when I need to learn something, it might be helpful here too :)
http://www.idownloadblog.com/2013/0...rs-and-place-folders-within-folders-on-ios-7/

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
Does this still work on 7.0.2? Because it's not working here.
I got it to work 1 time just now on 7.0.2
But can't seem to get it to work again. Gonna try a few more times.

EDIT: I'm on an iPhone 5 and did manage to get the folders to nest again.

Last edited:

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
Finally got it to work on my 5S I just updated to 7.0.2. Took about 20 tries though.

You need to teach me some of that Latin cursing, it would have come in handy just now. ;)

I don't speak Latin but I cursed something that I never heard before.
It's not that important anyway, the folder thing, I just felt I needed to see how it's done so I can be cool too.

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
It's not that important anyway, the folder thing, I just felt I needed to see how it's done so I can be cool too.
Since you say you are unable to nest folders, kinda leaves you out of the cool kid gang huh? Shhh, we'll sneak you in though.

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
Yeah, once I did it just to see if I could do it I realized I really don't have a need to nest folders. But if I did...

And don't worry, you were cool before being cool was even cool.