Follow Macworld here.

coasts

Zealot
Gold
Jul 15, 2007
New York, NY
www.lomohomes.com
this might not be the best time to launch an earth shaking product. a lot of people are spending their cash much more conservatively and would think twice before dropping a ton of dough on something they have for so long lived without.

if a new product were released and it didn't sell, solely because people aren't buying, Apple could have a tough time marketing it, even once the economy woes settle. virtually any expensive new toy is bound to suffer from a lackluster public reception, at least until we're all somewhat confident that tomorrow's paycheck isn't the last.

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
this might not be the best time to launch an earth shaking product. a lot of people are spending their cash much more conservatively and would think twice before dropping a ton of dough on something they have for so long lived without.

if a new product were released and it didn't sell, solely because people aren't buying, Apple could have a tough time marketing it, even once the economy woes settle. virtually any expensive new toy is bound to suffer from a lackluster public reception, at least until we're all somewhat confident that tomorrow's paycheck isn't the last.
James - you're spot on. This never even crossed my mind. I'm not happy that they didn't release *something* but at least I can see the other side of the door now.