FontSwap now updated for iPhone 3.0

kakofonix

Silver
Oct 2, 2007
Fontswap has been updated to 3.0. I have been using it and absolutely loving it! If you are considering it, I'd say go for it.

carrera.owner

Bronze
Aug 31, 2008
Long Island, NY
Another one of the many reasons that I JB'd my 3Gs! I also like the fact that the number of fonts has greatly increased from earlier releases....

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
So, has anyone else noticed the text is misaligned if you use a different font from FontSwap? I installed two different ones and it's quite misaligned, I don't know if it's worth it now....

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I've noticed that some of them are. I'm using the Neo Sans Intel system font and it's fine. IIRC, both NeoTech and Neutraface were misaligned.

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
I've noticed that some of them are. I'm using the Neo Sans Intel system font and it's fine. IIRC, both NeoTech and Neutraface were misaligned.
Here is a screenshot with Neo Sans Intel system font, it's still misaligned. Notice how the time is smack against the top, and how in the iPod the Song Title/Artist/Album text spills out of it's container...
Can we contact the dev somehow?

Last edited by a moderator:

radack1155

Bronze
Jul 11, 2008
Austin, TX
Yeah I uninstalled Font Swap because of the alignment issues. Also for some reason there was a huge space between lines of text messages. It seems really buggy right now.

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Yeah I uninstalled Font Swap because of the alignment issues. Also for some reason there was a huge space between lines of text messages. It seems really buggy right now.
Yes, exactly. I'm going to see if I can get ahold of the developer if their contact information is listed on the download page in Cydia, and let them know the issue...

partizan

Bronze
Feb 25, 2008
Milton, Ontario
I'm using Kasper and it's working fine. Also, Zappfino for the Clock looks good as well,

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
FWIW, using Papyrus (easy on the eyes) and have no alignment issues
All the fonts are misaligned. Here is a screenshot of Papyrus. The easiest way to tell if the font causes a misalignment is by: 1. Looking at the time, 2: Going into your iPod and seeing if the Artist/Song Title/Album text spills out of the container.

Last edited by a moderator:

carrera.owner

Bronze
Aug 31, 2008
Long Island, NY
All the fonts are misaligned. Here is a screenshot of Papyrus. The easiest way to tell if the font causes a misalignment is by: 1. Looking at the time, 2: Going into your iPod and seeing if the Artist/Song Title/Album text spills out of the container, like below:
g[/IMG]
You got v. good eyes KabaModern! Your issue is with vertical alignment (i.e., line spacing), & not horizontal, right? If so, your eyes are significantly more discriminating than mine! :D

kakofonix

Silver
Oct 2, 2007
This is from the "More Info" page for FontSwap:

"3. If the custom fonts don't show up right [they might be shifted up by a few pixels], it's because of some changes in font metrics in 3.0, contact the author of the custom font for a fix."

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
This is from the "More Info" page for FontSwap:

"3. If the custom fonts don't show up right [they might be shifted up by a few pixels], it's because of some changes in font metrics in 3.0, contact the author of the custom font for a fix."
I sent a e-mail to the developer of FontSwap. I hope he can take care of the fonts that are preinstalled in his package. He should support those.