For all of us that have...

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
taken a picture using an iPhone:

Usually we point the lens at the mirror, and thus have a pic of us taking our pic. Try this:

Turn the phone around. :) use the mirror to look at the screen instead of the other way around. I'm sure you guys probably figured this out on your own, just thought I'd share.

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
LOL don this a million times. I take pictures all day long with this thing just to see them on my phone and then erase them. I'm a closet photographer but only with the iPhone so right now I have just over 2500 pics on the phone. One of the lesser talked about things I love about it is its ability to hold so many photographs.

H

Hayesimus

actually. i do something else sometimes. i still take a picture of my reflection, but i do it at more of an angle to where the phone is out of the mirror.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
You have to position your arms differently if you're taking an actual picture of yourself though, as opposed to taking the same shot in the mirror's reflection.

dcom

Zealot
Gold
Aug 7, 2007
Suwanee, GA
If I want to take a picture of myself, I just turn the phone around, look at the lens and shoot, holding my finger on the button then lifting it. If it didn't come out, I take another.

Using the Snapture app is even easier since you can use the volume button as a shutter release, letting you extend the camera out another inch or so.