For all those with horrible 3G reception

pdxrealtor

Bronze
Aug 7, 2008
Please go to http://www.fixmy3giPhone.com and log your issue.

I see posts all over the internet and we can get them all in one place and get some mass attention maybe Apple willl deal with, or at least admit there is a huge problem.

Thanks!

stevetim

Silver
Jul 20, 2007
I think the petition may be leaning towards the claims of people with phones such as BlackJacks and such having a strong 3G signal in an area, and people with iPhone 3G having a weak signal in the same spot.

So, it turns into an Apple problem in that case.

MileHighRob

Zealot
Gold
Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
its a pretty good effort but isint it AT&T;s problem ?
If other 3G phones are getting much better reception on AT&T's network it doesn't leave you with too many other possibilities as to who is really responsible.

twigg107

Aug 3, 2008
I've only seen the 3g logo 2-3 times and that was for a few seconds. My girlfriend (she's on my contract) has a Moto Q and that sucker is always connected to 3g!

juzcallmeg0d

Bronze
Jun 13, 2008
i get great reception :)

minus the fact that in my city, the ONLY area that doesn't get 3G (on the coverage map) is like a half block radius...in which i live. lol but thats fine because i always have wifi there :)

BigCiX

Zealot
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Bakersfield, CA
my buddy has a blackjack II and 3G reception is far superior than mine (iPhone).

miggs1310

Bronze
Jul 29, 2008
I had/still have a blackjack II, at work the BJII gets 2-3 bars and at home it's 1-2, the iPhone however gets 5 bars at home and 5 bars at work.

this is a screenshot I just took at work, an office inside a concrete warehouse, no windows.

desibhar

Bronze
Jul 1, 2008
I don't understand why people are fixated on bars. The important measure is whether you get dropped calls and slow data.

miggs1310

Bronze
Jul 29, 2008
I don't understand why people are fixated on bars. The important measure is whether you get dropped calls and slow data.
ok then, no I have never had a dropped call with the new iPhone and it loads web pages faster than my work pc.

juzcallmeg0d

Bronze
Jun 13, 2008
ok then, no I have never had a dropped call with the new iPhone and it loads web pages faster than my work pc.
same here :) ive never had a dropped call since i got the iPhone

my work PC is really good, but it definitely loads webpages fast enough for surfing on my phone lol

pdxrealtor

Bronze
Aug 7, 2008
For those couple people on this post who have GOOD reception, go to www.fixmy3giPhone.com and let us know when you bought it.

I'm willing to bet that if you sent my your iPhones, I would have the same problem here as I am having with my iPhone. I get great 3G service in some areas, but I get great 3G services in A LOT more areas with my other 3G phones, side by side with the iPhone!

supershick

Aug 15, 2007
mine is a POS......i get dropped calls every freakin' day. I've already exchanged mine to the Apple store for a replacement and now i'm at wit's end.

I think i'm gonna go back to 1st gen iPhone because this is out of hand. BTW, i'm in the northern california, san jose area and i've switched off 3G because it's just ridiculous with no reception. even with no 3g, i get dropped calls (maybe 3-4 a day) with edge. so ridiculous.....*sigh*

pdxrealtor

Bronze
Aug 7, 2008
Super, I think a lot of people feel your frustration. Go to www.fixmy3giPhone and log your vote and comments, ESPEACIALLY if you are taking the phone back and not getting a new one.

I hope it works out for you in any event. Remember, this is an APPLE problem, not your local network

supershick

Aug 15, 2007
bad gateway pdx? that's what i see right now =/

Deltido

Bronze
Jun 27, 2008
I'm pretty sure everyone is having issues with the 3g..apple is pretty new to the whole thing..I'm convinced the next revision of the iPhone will have better 3g reception. Not sure there's much they will/can do about us original 3g'ers.

nbdiver

Bronze
Jul 7, 2008
Scottsdale, AZ
I also have horrible 3g service in Southern Cal. I can't figure out if its AT&T prematurely launching 3g or if its the phone itself? It seems *most* people on the East coast do not have problems with AT&T but I don't hear many success stories out here.

supershick

Aug 15, 2007
honestly, i don't know how you guys deal with this problem.

we're paying an extra 10 bux over the previous edge data plan and we can't even gawd damn use the 3G. it doesn't make sense to me. then the whole reason of why we even buy an "iPhone" is so that we use it as a phone, and then it drops calls =/ i envy all of you that have perfectly working 3G phones....argh!