For does of you that have broken screens

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

sammyb

Bronze
Jun 11, 2007
New York
My wife and a couple of other people have broken their iPhone screen by accident and its only the 3rd day. Apple does not know what to do about it, well lets see if they can come up with a solution a bit faster, I'm going to start a web site so people can go and post their complaints about the screen, I'm also going to call my local news station and let them know about the site, maybe then Apple will take notice and do something about it.
If you will like to help please let me know. the name of the site is www.myiPhonescreenbroke.com

P.S. I know I misspelled those on the heading.

RchGrav

Bronze
Jun 8, 2007
My wife and a couple of other people have broken their iPhone screen by accident and its only the 3rd day. Apple does not know what to do about it, well lets see if they can come up with a solution a bit faster, I'm going to start a web site so people can go and post their complaints about the screen, I'm also going to call my local news station and let them know about the site, maybe then Apple will take notice and do something about it.
If you will like to help please let me know. the name of the site is www.myiPhonescreenbroke.com

P.S. I know I misspelled those on the heading.

It would be interesting to know how the screen broke. I am going to assume that you dropped it getting into or out of your car. Or maybe just dropped it on the concrete.

I dropped mine getting out of the car, but was able to break its fall. It still hit the ground and I got nicks and dents on the back.. What a bummer, not as bad as breaking the screen though.

beaken

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
Didn't anyone buy cases? I got the Belkin clear hard case for it and have dropped it twice and not had one ding, dent or broken screen.

JnC

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
I guess if female deer had opposable thumbs, this sort of thing wouldn't happen.

sammyb

Bronze
Jun 11, 2007
New York
the phone is a bit slippery and it fell out of her hand, I take care of my phone like a baby and a couple of times it almost fell we have a case for both our phones but its the one that you can pull the phone out this was one of the cases they were selling at the ATT store for the iPhone. It should not be that easy for the glass to brake.

sammyb

Bronze
Jun 11, 2007
New York
Didn't anyone buy cases? I got the Belkin clear hard case for it and have dropped it twice and not had one ding, dent or broken screen.
Funny thing is I tried that case and when I was taking it of the clip the case opened and the phone almost fell

Moof

Jul 2, 2007
Right...

You can register 50 domains like iPhonescreenbreak.com and fixmyiPhonescreen.com and sadly, it won't do any good. If you've broken your device accidentally, you've broken your device. Apple is not going to magically fix your iPhone because of a drop or sitting on it or anything else. Same as dropping your laptop or digital camera, you break it, you buy a new one. Go nuts though, let me know how this works out.

sammyb

Bronze
Jun 11, 2007
New York
You can register 50 domains like iPhonescreenbreak.com and fixmyiPhonescreen.com and sadly, it won't do any good. If you've broken your device accidentally, you've broken your device. Apple is not going to magically fix your iPhone because of a drop or sitting on it or anything else. Same as dropping your laptop or digital camera, you break it, you buy a new one. Go nuts though, let me know how this works out.
I've dropped my blackberry and the screen didn't break.