****for Everyone With Low Volume***

osiris24x

Jul 4, 2007
Portland, Oregon
Ya, my speakerphone is completely useless, even in a quiet room.

I went into the Apple Store yesterday, for this very reason...and they said it was "normal". The rep actually called me with his iPhone, and we compared speakers...his was the same as mine.

So, we're out of luck, for now. The little speaker in the iPhone can undoubtedly handle more juice than it's currently getting, which means Apple should be able to fix the volume limit with a simple software update.

Lheaxhuns

Jun 27, 2007

I went into the Apple Store yesterday, for this very reason...and they said it was "normal". The rep actually called me with his iPhone, and we compared speakers...his was the same as mine.

So, we're out of luck, for now. The little speaker in the iPhone can undoubtedly handle more juice than it's currently getting, which means Apple should be able to fix the volume limit with a simple software update.
They can, but I highly doubt they will.

yamahoe72

Jul 1, 2007
i went back to Apple cause the speakerphone on my iPhone didn't work..if i had it full blast and the speaker right up to my ear, i could barley hear it. they checked it out and gave me a brand new one.. now my new one works perfect.

gt1948

Bronze
Jan 30, 2007
Memphis
i went back to Apple cause the speakerphone on my iPhone didn't work..if i had it full blast and the speaker right up to my ear, i could barley hear it. they checked it out and gave me a brand new one.. now my new one works perfect.
whaat feature were using the speaker with? Mine seems to vary...voice msgs are very low also cell calls

DHNF

Jul 1, 2007

Yeah it doesn't make much sense to me that the speaker absolutely cranks when videos and songs are playing but the speaker phone is barely audible at the loudest setting.

daviddogma

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
Yeah it doesn't make much sense to me that the speaker absolutely cranks when videos and songs are playing but the speaker phone is barely audible at the loudest setting.
I am only replying as I want to keep this thread alive. I have posted all over the Apple sites regarding this issue. Sent emails. Made an employee stay on the phone all day with Apple registering complaints. Many agree, the speakerphone doesn't function properly. Maybe I should be worried about poverty or the environment, but right now.....I wanna use my speakerphone :mad:

bmzero

Jul 10, 2007
Speaker problems here as well. The bottom line for me is, the iPhone is cool, but without a good phone speaker it's just an expensive iPod.

I will be returning my phone on day 14, restocking fee or not, if a fix for the speaker does not magically appear in my iTunes by then.

It's a good iPod, but a terrible phone at this point.

.brit

Standog

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
I just don't get all the crying over how low the volume is on speakerphone. I have hardly ever used it on any phone. I think it's extremely annoying. I've only used it when I was on hold and waiting. Other than that, strap on a headset and get over it. I mean, how many of you would swap out the iPod portion for more volume on the speaker phone? Any takers?

Would it be nice to have, yeah. Is it necessary...NO.

DeadSpider

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Vacherie,Louisiana
I just don't get all the crying over how low the volume is on speakerphone. I have hardly ever used it on any phone. I think it's extremely annoying. I've only used it when I was on hold and waiting. Other than that, strap on a headset and get over it. I mean, how many of you would swap out the iPod portion for more volume on the speaker phone? Any takers?

Would it be nice to have, yeah. Is it necessary...NO.
I would trade any day, as I use speaker phone far more frequent
than listen to music.

m2bpro

Jul 3, 2007
I agree that some phones have volume problems. The reason I say this is because my sister and I have iPhones and her volume is a lot lower than mine. The other thing I noticed is that when her phone connects to bluetooth headset, she gets a lot of static. We tried the headset on both our iPhones and she's the only one that gets the static. She's going to the Apple store tomorrow to exchange it.

Anyone else get a lot of static when using their bluetooth headsets?

daviddogma

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
I just don't get all the crying over how low the volume is on speakerphone.

It's a $600 phone. The speaker should work. Do you get it now? The speakerphone is useless on this phone...do you get that? What part do you not get? The phone has a speaker phone function and it does not work properly. I understand that YOU do not use it but other people do. Do you understand that some people use things that YOU do not? Do you understand there are other people in the world besides YOU? I have a complaint, and I (unlike other people in this forum) choose to write about it. You love your phone, and don't use the speaker phone function? Good for you. Did you read the name of the thread and decide to be that guy? So who is the troll here? People like you who step in on threads they have nothing to do with and then: "Gee, why is everyone so pissed off....it's just a $600 phone?!@?!

The speaker phone sucks plain and simple. I still haven't sold my blackberry yet and the 14 days is almost up....

mlass

Silver
Jun 19, 2007
now that is what I call post, you tell them. I'll wait on the corner until it cools down. LOL

tamakin

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
he probably got banned because that guy just kept complaining over and over about the volume.. and criticized people that said the volume was fine..

Bootlessjam

Bronze
Apr 15, 2007
Judging from what you all have said, it seems to me that only sounds that come from AT&T have a low volume. Maybe it's AT&T's fault? Apple could still fix it with a software update if you all write a complaint here.

finagle69

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
Judging from what you all have said, it seems to me that only sounds that come from AT&T have a low volume. Maybe it's AT&T's fault? Apple could still fix it with a software update if you all write a complaint here.
thanks for that link. i've been looking for a suggestion/complaint box.

Jul 15, 2007
Return of the iPhone

Hey!

Both mine and my wifes iPhones were definitely not adequate in the handset volume for us. Muffled calls mobile to mobile and could hear "just enough" while speaking in noisy environments but quality was lackluster and not clear. This sucked because we fell in love with all of the other features. It came to this for us though: if for almost 1300 dollars we had two phones we were unhappy with for any reason, better take em back and hope that we have some part in sending a message to Apple and buy the phones AFTER the software updates or whatever improvements come through,just in case. It was a sad day indeed..haha
Thing is-when we took em back to the store they tried to charge us a restocking fee of 100 bucks or so. We argued the phones were defective. Low volume out of earpiece and muffled mic. They assigned us a mac genius to check out the "problem". All staff denying that the iPhone had thousands and thousands of reported similar issues, when on the way to the store, the person who answered the phone said there indeed were TONS of complaints. I digress,mac genius called both of the phones. Sounded a "bit"clearer from landline to mobile,still not good enough...and we had a real problem hearing each other from mobile to mobile in the busy store. He offered us an exchange. We said that if all the iPhones were like this,there is no point,we aren't happy and want our money back. We bought our iPhones a week a part in two separate stores cities apart from one another. Bad batch? I doubt it. If there are people that truly have phones that work for them, either volume in general for them is no issue, or THOSE phones are the rare ones. For 650 bucks, why risk an annoying crap shoot of finding the iPhone that WORKS PERFECT, like a freakin' golden ticket in a Wonka bar.
Anyhow, mac genius goes back to converse with the manager. Comes out and says in a low whisper "The manager agrees that this is indeed a quality of the current version of the iPhone, and would like to override the restocking fee and refund your money".
Don't be afraid to return your phones, buy em later once they get it right. If enough people do the same thing,maybe later will be sooner and we can all get this unbelievably cool phone again. We miss em!