For T-Mobile users... How to get unlimited data for $5.99 :)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
First call T-Mobile, cancel any data plans you currently have and sign up for the T-Zones data service. Then go here and do what it tells you to do. You'll need iBrickr (or iBreezy for Macs) to get into your phone to add the files. It took me 5 min, works great, and is saving me a lot of money!

If it doesn't work right away, just wait about 20 min for the new data service to start working on your phone.

EDIT: I just called T-Mobile and they said that I could use T-Zones with the iPhone, just in case anyone was worried about getting in trouble ;)

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
First call T-Mobile, cancel any data plans you currently have and sign up for the T-Zones data service. Then go here and do what it tells you to do. You'll need iBrickr (or iBreezy for Macs) to get into your phone to add the files. It took me 5 min, works great, and is saving me a lot of money!

If it doesn't work right away, just wait about 20 min for the new data service to start working on your phone.
T-zones is mere KBs per page. The iPhone uses a full browser. They might catch the massive amount of data you're using, and probably assume you are tethering - which is against their terms of service.

Just my 2 cents, you don't have to make anything of it.

ciaran00

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
Not sure that being afraid of the big bad telephone company works for those of us who are on the bleeding edge of brickworthy phones (according to Stevo) anyway!

Just do it guys.

Let me addendum my post here. Don't do anything because someone else tells you to. You are a grown up and can figure out what's good and bad for you. At least that's my hope. Don't let me down :)

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
T-zones is mere KBs per page. The iPhone uses a full browser. They might catch the massive amount of data you're using, and probably assume you are tethering - which is against their terms of service.

Just my 2 cents, you don't have to make anything of it.
Since I'm not tethering I should be fine right? What would they do, cancel my service or just my data package?

ciaran00

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
He's saying that your iPhone pulling a bunch of data is going to look suspiciously NOT AT ALL like a wap phone.

He is probably right...

And here's an afterthought. The Tzones leeching to make it equivalent to the 20 dollar plan happened for 2 YEARS+ before they finally stopped proxy-incapable phones from the exploit. Something tells me it doesn't really matter all that much.

Oct 2, 2007
I had the blackberry unlimited $19.99 plan on my iPhone and it worked fast and perfect. I switched to the $5.99 t-zone and it ran very slow. Even though it miay cost more it runs a lot better.

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
I had the blackberry unlimited $19.99 plan on my iPhone and it worked fast and perfect. I switched to the $5.99 t-zone and it ran very slow. Even though it miay cost more it runs a lot better.
I'm getting fast speeds with T-Zones. And I called T-Mobile and they said that I can use T-Zones with the iPhone no problem. Nice guys.

BTR

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
I tried this trick and i'm only getting 22.2kbps per second.

i'm supposed to be getting at least 150.. hmmmm

roadracer516

Bronze
Sep 8, 2007
I have been checking regularly all day and I am consistently getting 130kbps + with the 5.99 plan. You are probably in a bad area because at my house I get about 85-90kbps.

I tried this trick and i'm only getting 22.2kbps per second.

i'm supposed to be getting at least 150.. hmmmm