For those looking for a way to pass time til football

goobs22xx

Bronze
Sep 16, 2007
Here is a little game for football fans that I picked up from my buddies over at my favorite Auburn football forum (War Eagle to all my fellow Tigers, by the way). Its called Goal Line Blitz. Basically, you create a player at any position, and get on a team. The overall goal is to win games, but you control your player's attributes and develop him as you see fit. There are human owners of teams (have to fork over real $$ for that) as well as computer teams for those starting out to make their player more competitive. Its not like Travian in that you don't need to be on nearly as much to be successful. Games take place every other day and practice/training happens every day at 2am EST (your players get EXP for playing in games and practicing). Its a neat concept, definitely a cool way to pass the time for football fans. There is a bit of a learning curve, because its somewhat open ended.

And just to note, no, you don't actually control your player during the games, they're all simulated. The team owner and O/D coordinators set up your strategy (ie % of Run/Pass or Blitz/Coverage).

I'm just getting started, you only need to log on once a day for a couple of minutes to update your player(s). Anywho, its at Goallineblitz.com, or, if you'd like to help me out, use my referral link:

http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=16480344

Its playable from the iPhone as well, which is the best part. Only some things can't be done, such as the mouse overs for descriptions of your special abilities, but you can change everything about your player on your iPhone that you can from your computer.

Anyway, just thought I'd throw it out there. If you want any tips on how to play, pm me. Hopefully someone will pony up for an EiC team like we had the Alliance going over on Travian.

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
excellent fun! I can't believe I'm the first one complimenting you on this. You'd get a thanks if I had any left..... I will try this out. I play golf for a living but I regress with the NFL. I am 10 years old with the NFL. Sports in general cuts right through the heart of any negativity like politics and racisism and all the other BULLSHIT that we don't learn about until about 14 or 15 years old.

Sports can save the world. And your soul.

goobs22xx

Bronze
Sep 16, 2007
Good to know it gets someone else's jollies off as well. I'm having a blast. If it turns out to have the ability to maintain my attention long term, I think I'd like to have a team.

Maybe we can foster some more interest on here.

kunfuzious

Bronze
Nov 3, 2007
Boulder
excellent fun! I can't believe I'm the first one complimenting you on this. You'd get a thanks if I had any left.....

Sports can save the world. And your soul.
I'll thank him for you. This is bad ass!

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
I'll thank him for you. This is bad ass!
I certainly DO NOT want to make light of the thanks but I find it important enough to return the flavor! Especially considering that only two people have responded to this totally cool football of fun! Thanks for "loaning" me a thanks!

We're even.

cdbformula

Bronze
Jan 6, 2008
i will check it out when i get a chance, i love football, GO SAINTS

cdbformula

Bronze
Jan 6, 2008
just signed up, looks likea cool game. my first game is on the forth.

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
WARDAMNEAGLE!

:p

goobs22xx

Bronze
Sep 16, 2007
War Eagle, brother.

Has anyone stuck with it? What are your thoughts so far?