For those selling iPhone 4 on eBay.. Question

Discussion in 'iPhone 4' started by tpeter, Oct 5, 2011.

1. tpeter

tpeter Member
    Bronze

If i was to sell my phone on eBay now while they are still getting decent money. What phone are you guys using for the next week or till you get your new iPhone?

2. Hondamaker

Hondamaker Genius
    Gold

I'm not eligible till November 30 for some reason, so I won't be selling mine soon.

3. tpeter

tpeter Member
    Bronze

IM not eligible till Feb 25th but phones are selling for 300 on eBay. I need to pay 450 total for a new 4s.

This would leave the net cost of 150 which i can handle.

Im just scared if i wait to sell on ebay after the 14th they will drop. I kinda want to sell now and lock in 300 but then i wont have a phone for a week or more and i need it for work.

4. Kgd0630

Kgd0630 Contributor
    Bronze

Which are $300? 3GS?

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

5. tpeter

tpeter Member
    Bronze

I did a iPhone 4 search on ebay and most are all 300 and some change.

6. Kgd0630

Kgd0630 Contributor
    Bronze

That's way low. They usually jump higher in the last 2 minutes of auction. I'm an eBay nut. eBay will also buy your 4 outright for $347.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

7. firewire

firewire Member
    Silver

I sold my wife's iPhone 4 two weeks ago, stock ATT 16GB black for 370. The average selling price then was around there. She got the Verizon version so she never had a transition period between phones. What I did a couple of years ago was use a generic ATT phone for a couple months. What else can you do?

8. tpeter

tpeter Member
    Bronze

Yeah i may just have to wait and post when i get the new one. I don't have an old ATT phone that they can hook up atm.

9. NewGuy

NewGuy Member
    Bronze

I'm just going to wait. I don't wanna be without an iPhone and risk not getting one because they ran out. Then I'll be iPhoneless for far too long. Im honestly thinking I might just keep this one as a backup too and not sell it but im undecided. I would put a reserve price of 300 but it should go to at least 350. You'll get more money if free shipping is included because that attracts more people.

10. tpeter

tpeter Member
    Bronze

HOnestly if you wait to sell when they come out they will most likely be selling at the same price.

11. Ltzguy

Ltzguy Zealot
    Gold

I wanna throw this out to you guys: I'm being told right now by a coworker something that happened to him. He sold his iPhone and used another phone for a bit...that wasn't an iPhone.....so they dropped his grandfathered in unlimited data because he wasn't using an iPhone. When he got another iPhone, they wouldn't give him his unlimited data plan back

Sent from my iPhone4 using iCafe app

12. psylichon

psylichon Genius

I can confirm this. Last year I sold my 3GS and used my V1 for 3 weeks and AT&T tried to drop my grandfathered unlimited plan because I dropped down to the $20/mo Edge plan for that period. I raised hell and got them to restore my unlimited plan, but the only reason they gave it back to me is because I called before making the switch to the V1 and they assured me that wouldn't happen. It did. So be proactive if this is your plan and make it known you intend to keep your grandfathered plan... make them make a note on your account.

If you're switching to a 3G phone temporarily, I'm not sure any of this is a concern.

13. Ltzguy

Ltzguy Zealot
    Gold

I just wanted to point that out as to pre-warn people in att's shadiness. I don't want anyone getting messed over.

14. Hondamaker

Hondamaker Genius
    Gold

That's good to know. I was thinking of selling mine on ebay and getting a loaner from att. Not now!

15. Ltzguy

Ltzguy Zealot
    Gold

Seems like they have people on staff just to figure out ways to get rid of the unlimited data plan lol

16. Michael Baturin

Michael Baturin Evangelist
    Gold

Sold mine last night for $350 buy it now. Black 16GB AT&T iPhone 4 excellent condition. I had a 3 day auction with $150 starting and $300 reserve. Sold 2 hours after I listed. I have a work blackberry that I am allowed to use for personal use. I will be using this for the next couple weeks.

17. aknightstale41

Gold

So when i get 4s in the mail, i just pop in the sim card from iPhone 4 and I'm good to go right? Im still grandfathered in?

18. Michael Baturin

Michael Baturin Evangelist
    Gold

hmm new sim should work also as it will still be activating against the same contract. Check with AT&T though. I'm getting off my family plan and getting on a new one with the woman. She's switching from an droid 1 to iPhone 4S. Nice upgrade if you ask me!

Sent from my iPad 2 using iCafe app

19. NewGuy

NewGuy Member
    Bronze

Ya, I have done something similar to that in the past.

20. psylichon

psylichon Genius

Just sold my 32GB for $315 and my wife's 16GB for $355 (go figure). Overall, not bad for 2+ year old phones.