For those that have unlocked their iPhone

chris201

Bronze
Oct 1, 2007
I am going to be leaving AT&T of course I have the iPhone and am thinking I will just unlock it so that it can be used with T-Mobile.

My question to you all is that are using the iPhone on T-Mobile is this how easy was it to unlock the iPhone? Which program did you use to unlock the iPhone so that it would work with T-Mobile. And after its unlocked how do I go about getting to the sim card or whatever so that it can be used.

Also I am using version 1.1.1. on my phone.

Oct 9, 2007
I am going to be leaving AT&T of course I have the iPhone and am thinking I will just unlock it so that it can be used with T-Mobile.

My question to you all is that are using the iPhone on T-Mobile is this how easy was it to unlock the iPhone? Which program did you use to unlock the iPhone so that it would work with T-Mobile. And after its unlocked how do I go about getting to the sim card or whatever so that it can be used.

Also I am using version 1.1.1. on my phone.
Man, why would you want to go from bad to worse? T-Mobile is a piece of junk. I cancelled my contracts with them because they're always overcharging, their customer service is the worst in the businees, they are expensive and the reception is as bad as AT &T. Do you realize if you unlock the phone that you will lose a lot of advantages? First, you lose your warranty (in case they find out) Second you miss out on valuable updates and future upgrades. Third, you will have functionality problems. Do what you want but I would suggest you stay put.

just my 2 cents. I will not reply to any destructive post since it is my intention not to get into useless discussions

petalmom

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
I did and most of my questions don't really ever get answered in that area.

I think you're not looking very hard :p

Since I am satisfied with my AT&T service and prefer to have a warranty, I don't have any need to unlock my phone but if I did, there are dozens of threads there that tell me how to do it.