For those who downloaded 2.0

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
Was there much thought into doing it?
It may seem like a simple question but I would like to bring up another piece of technology that many of us have probably seen/heard of.
PlayStationPortable "PSP"

I myself bought one the day it came out FW 1.5
The advantage of being an early adopter was being able to run unsigned code
It came to a point in my PSP's lifespan where I was able to run 2 FWs on my one device.

Do you think something like this would be possible for the iPhone? Could we have Sub 2.0 FW running Code that 2.0+ Wouldn't allow?

I may just be talking crazy and will probably drink the koolaid and dl 2.0 today or tomorrow.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
It may seem like a simple question but I would like to bring up another piece of technology that many of us have probably seen/heard of.

I myself bought one the day it came out FW 1.5
The advantage of being an early adopter was being able to run unsigned code
It came to a point in my PSP's lifespan where I was able to run 2 FWs on my one device.

Do you think something like this would be possible for the iPhone? Could we have Sub 2.0 FW running Code that 2.0+ Wouldn't allow?

I may just be talking crazy and will probably drink the koolaid and dl 2.0 today or tomorrow.
Are you wanting to keep yours jailbroken and still run 2.0? Sounds like the perfect world to me, but knowing those guys on the dev team, it wouldn't surprise me.

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
Thats the problem. I know it is possible and that is what scares me. I don't want to regret doing this so early but I don't want to wait. I just found a 30$ iTunes card and along with the 200$ Apple card and 100$ credit from early adopters I could really go to town on some apps :)

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Thats the problem. I know it is possible and that is what scares me. I don't want to regret doing this so early but I don't want to wait. I just found a 30$ iTunes card and along with the 200$ Apple card and 100$ credit from early adopters I could really go to town on some apps :)
Are you going to hold off on the 3G phone?

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
Are you going to hold off on the 3G phone?

Yes. My iPhone is actually kind of a touch right now. I had to cancel my service and I am now with verizon. However I may jump back on when the next iPhone rolls around.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Yes. My iPhone is actually kind of a touch right now. I had to cancel my service and I am now with verizon. However I may jump back on when the next iPhone rolls around.
Well you'll have some great apps on it then.

dcom

Zealot
Gold
Aug 7, 2007
Suwanee, GA
No, it was involuntary, like breathing. I did it, it worked, I'm happy :)

If information comes out like there are problems for those that downloaded the pre-release 2.0, I'll simply restore the phone and let iTunes download the latest. I had a 1.1.4 jailbroken phone but didn't have a lot of apps on it so I'm not upset about losing them.