For those who haven't modified their iPhone yet...

Maaz

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
LA California
ok, so what exactly in details can i get with this, what kind of third party apps?, also i downloaded ibrickr, now what do i do, the guy in the video on that page doesn't say anything about installer or something.

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
ok, so what exactly in details can i get with this, what kind of third party apps?, also i downloaded ibrickr, now what do i do, the guy in the video on that page doesn't say anything about installer or something.
I describe all the good third party apps in the original post. Like I've said, just open up iBrickr and it will tell you what to do. Installer will show up once you click Applications and then Browse Applications in iBrickr. You're too nervous man, just do it.

Maaz

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
LA California
I describe all the good third party apps in the original post. Like I've said, just open up iBrickr and it will tell you what to do. Installer will show up once you click Applications and then Browse Applications in iBrickr. You're too nervous man, just do it.
aight man iam doing it, wish me luck, but me an iPhone incase mine messes up :p

Maaz

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
LA California
Welcome to iBrickr!

iBrickr is the easy way to customize your iPhone. Please wait while we contact your iPhone. If your iPhone is not plugged in please plug in the USB cable now.

its been like this for almost 2 mins what should i do?

Giies

Bronze
Jul 31, 2007
Welcome to iBrickr!

iBrickr is the easy way to customize your iPhone. Please wait while we contact your iPhone. If your iPhone is not plugged in please plug in the USB cable now.

its been like this for almost 2 mins what should i do?
what i did was disconnect the USB cable close ibrickr, then reconnect it and open ibrickr.

and yes, i finally done hacking my phone hehehe, now how do find ninendo game for my phone?

Maaz

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
LA California
nvm i got it to work, its pretty cool i liked rearranging the icons, but iam back to using my iPhone normally, no one of the apps appealed to me, when they come out with cooler third party apps ill mod it again. i couldnt figure out a way to change hwo my icons looked like, either

ciaran00

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
Nothing will happen to damage your phone. You can always restore it.

You will be amazed at how clean, professional, and easy these mods are. Your iPhone will be extended over 100%.

I've never seen a phenomenon like this for a phone before. It is simply crazy. There is a sketching app now!

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
what i did was disconnect the USB cable close ibrickr, then reconnect it and open ibrickr.

and yes, i finally done hacking my phone hehehe, now how do find ninendo game for my phone?
Google "nes roms" and check out the first site.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
nvm i got it to work, its pretty cool i liked rearranging the icons, but iam back to using my iPhone normally, no one of the apps appealed to me...
None of them appealed to you? I would assume the whole reason you wanted to add apps was due to, well, the list of apps in the first post of this thread.

I could never go back to "normal." Between Mobile Finder, Mobile TextEdit, rSBT, Summerboard, NES, Books, Frotz, Dock, RSS, and Terminal I don't know how I even made it through my "stock iPhone" dayz. :cool:

--
Mike

spankbot

Bronze
Sep 6, 2007
Mods are certainly NOT dishonest or illegal...

I do feel it's a waste of time for a couple of reasons. First, none of the third party apps are that great. The NES emulator is a cool hack, but not much more. Second, a future update is likely to undo all of your modding anyway... There is also the possibility that you could brick your phone too, but it looks like that is less likely as time goes on.

But hey, I'm not against it in any way and in fact I cheer on the hackers! And If you enjoy tinkering with your iPhone, then by all means, mod away. It's yours to do what you like with.:laugh2:

deac

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
very helpful discussion and tips -- it had me almost willing to give it a try --

BUT BUT BUT ---- as a service to fellow board folks you really need to add a note to first post that this thread is for Windows folks only ---- wasted the entire read, went to DL iBrickr only to find out that it is Win only program.

Thanks

Then I find there is something called iFuntastic but not sure it is as easy as you make this sound for one thing and for another it is intel only so outa luck again.

I still remain leery of doing all this stuff. You seem to hedge a little on the Notes question as to whether or not you lose them in a Restore -- I know you can email them to yourself but I use them for much impt info I want available on the phone. What about recent emails -- do you lose all them? and all your email settings?

i guess I just don't see any "must have" add on apps that make this worth the time and effort and risk. Perhaps one day.

Velodog2

Silver
Jul 19, 2007
Is there a way to remove individual apps that I have added, other than doing a complete restore?

saaber

Bronze
Jul 23, 2007
things that are lost when restoring, re: restore

Every time I have synced my phone and then restored it, and then synced again, my notes appear back on there. Not only my notes, but all my contacts, and even all my settings. Once again, if you're really nervous, you can email the notes to yourself just in case. But I can testify that the notes have always synced back into my phone after a restore.
When I did my restore my notes disappeared. I was using the latest updated software and had synced just before. I also lost my voicemails and the "favorites" on my call list (not bookmarks). So to be fair we should mention that there is a very good chance that things will be lost in the restore, just not major things (unless you had a real important voicemail you wanted to keep). I am not anti-hack at all, just saying potential "hackers" need to be aware of all the pluses and minuses.

mav

Bronze
May 9, 2007
I played with modding and but had to do a restore when updating to the latest software version. In the process, I lost all of my photos. :(

Since then, I've decided not to mod.

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
I played with modding and but had to do a restore when updating to the latest software version. In the process, I lost all of my photos. :(

Since then, I've decided not to mod.
It's easy to back up your photos. Just copy them all over to some random directory on your computer before you mod.

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
Is there a way to remove individual apps that I have added, other than doing a complete restore?
Yes. If you installed them via Installer, just open up Installer and click on the "Uninstall" tab to pick the program you want deleted. If you didn't use Installer, you can just delete the folder of your app out of the "Applications" directory.

iPaul

Bronze
Jun 25, 2007
Minneapolis
Great post and summarary for those of us still a little unsure about modding. You've convinced me that htis is easy, and I'm gonna do it this weekend!

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
Great post and summarary for those of us still a little unsure about modding. You've convinced me that htis is easy, and I'm gonna do it this weekend!
Haha ok good to here. Your wanting to "do it this weekend" and not now or later today makes it sound like you feel like you need to really prepare yourself for this. I think it's funny how nervous people are about it :p. You're gonna laugh once it's modded in 2 minutes and you see how easy and stress free it was.

Kolder

Jul 14, 2007
Just wanted to say thanks, you inspired me to to do it and it was a breeze.

HDS

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
Atlanta
www.captnjacksparrow.com
MAwhahaha! YOu hAve aLl fAllEN n2 his tRAp!

J/K but the way your pushing it make it sound as if there is some kind hidden want for eveyone to do this like stealing peoples info off the iPhone or something.:cool: