For those who haven't modified their iPhone yet...

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
MAwhahaha! YOu hAve aLl fAllEN n2 his tRAp!

J/K but the way your pushing it make it sound as if there is some kind hidden want for eveyone to do this like stealing peoples info off the iPhone or something.:cool:
I look at more like someone who went for a swim in an unknown lake on a rather cold day, found out the water was pretty darn nice, so called out to others, "''C'mon in, the water's great!" IOW, just trying to help out.

--
Mike

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
I look at more like someone who went for a swim in an unknown lake on a rather cold day, found out the water was pretty darn nice, so called out to others, "''C'mon in, the water's great!" IOW, just trying to help out.

--
Mike
Yeah, I want more friends to swim with. We're all having a really great time here... :p

Aug 30, 2007
Ohio
Wildonrio, for the Mac equivalent of iBricker (I wish the author had not called it iBricker, I have a keen instinct for irony) - is it iFuntastic?
Do you know if it takes the same steps you mention on your first post?

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
Wildonrio, for the Mac equivalent of iBricker (I wish the author had not called it iBricker, I have a keen instinct for irony) - is it iFuntastic?
Do you know if it takes the same steps you mention on your first post?
You're right, it is iFuntastic. And I've never used it so I couldn't tell you. All you need to do is figure out a way to get Installer on your phone and then all the steps will be the same as I described. I hope someone with more experience with iFuntastic hears your plea and comes to your rescue. :)

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
I think the iBrickr equivelent on a Mac is Breezy:
http://code.google.com/p/pxl/

Unfortunately is hasn't been updated in weeks now, and it doesn't allow file transfers. But it will still jailbreak your iPhone very easily (as will AppTap).

--
Mike

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
First of all, nice post, really convincing.
And, I would like to mod my phone, but there's one more thing I need to know that you did not cover in the post. You may not be able to answer due to the fact that you are using iBrickr. But, I'm using a Mac, so if I modded, I would use iFuntastic. Is iFuntastic completely safe? Not in the sense of "Will it destroy my phone', but in the sense of "Does it have access to my computer files, etc."

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
First of all, nice post, really convincing.
And, I would like to mod my phone, but there's one more thing I need to know that you did not cover in the post. You may not be able to answer due to the fact that you are using iBrickr. But, I'm using a Mac, so if I modded, I would use iFuntastic. Is iFuntastic completely safe? Not in the sense of "Will it destroy my phone', but in the sense of "Does it have access to my computer files, etc."
I would assume it's completely safe since so many people use it, but I can't be sure. As TinMan mentioned above, you have alternatives on a Mac if you want. Breezy is one and is apparently similar to iBrickr. You also can try AppTap, which I've heard people praise here and there. Sorry I couldn't help you any more than this, I have never used a Mac in my life (but will someday once I get the money).

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Indiana
using ibrickr

Last edited by a moderator:

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Indiana
BTW these pictures were snapped using an app installed with ibrickr! And the app called iSwitcher in the previous photo allows you to change your entire theme in seconds. ..........but I still have no idea what the purpose of Magenta is.

Last edited by a moderator:

Maaz

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
LA California
None of them appealed to you? I would assume the whole reason you wanted to add apps was due to, well, the list of apps in the first post of this thread.

I could never go back to "normal." Between Mobile Finder, Mobile TextEdit, rSBT, Summerboard, NES, Books, Frotz, Dock, RSS, and Terminal I don't know how I even made it through my "stock iPhone" dayz. :cool:

--
Mike
actually they did, i just don't know how to do a bunch of stuff like i seen vids of peoples extra icons on the menu scrolling and mine don't scroll i can only use this one program that lets me see all third party apps in a diff window, i also didn't know where to see other apps, and how to change icons and colors and stuff. If somone can tell me all these things i would gladly modd again.

Maaz

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
LA California
Dock v2.06

Size: 198.7 KiB An addition to the iPhone UI. Drag from the bottom-right corner sunburst to switch between all of your apps.
what does this do exactly?

comcipher

Jun 8, 2007
I have been meaning to mod my phone for awhile now, and this thread finally pushed me over the edge. Unfortunately the iPhone is not supported on 64 bit Vista (or XP for that matter) so I'm actually taking the time to setup iTunes on a virtual machine running 32 bit XP just so I can sync and get all my stuff backed up.

Can anyone confirm that iTunes does in fact back up all contacts on every sync? That is the one thing I would be worried about loosing.

Maaz

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
LA California
I have been meaning to mod my phone for awhile now, and this thread finally pushed me over the edge. Unfortunately the iPhone is not supported on 64 bit Vista (or XP for that matter) so I'm actually taking the time to setup iTunes on a virtual machine running 32 bit XP just so I can sync and get all my stuff backed up.

Can anyone confirm that iTunes does in fact back up all contacts on every sync? That is the one thing I would be worried about loosing.
only thing i lost in restore were my camera roll pics, and all my emails were emailed back to my phone.

iPaul

Bronze
Jun 25, 2007
Minneapolis
Did the 7.4.1 update disable Jailbreak? I am trying to install iBrickr, but jailbraek keeps crashing everytime.

bah...sucky.

jUeLz23

Bronze
Sep 4, 2007
hey anyone kno if u urslef can add anything to the springboard?

spankbot

Bronze
Sep 6, 2007

Can I ask why you are using the 64bit version of your OS? Do you run apps that require (compiled for) more than 4 gigs of RAM?

Pharaoh

Bronze
Sep 7, 2007
I am running iBrickr and following the steps, I got to the step that has me turn it off, and turn it back on and when the Apple logo appears, hold the power and home button down until a yellow triangle appears. it never appears. i hold them down and it powers off again, and back on, then goes to the main screen, then wants to power off again