For those who like NetShare comes Teleport

aenti

Zealot
Gold
Jul 8, 2008
Maryland
It's expensive, but it is said to be better than NetShare.
Read about it here.
Thanks BoyGenius

reas0n

Silver
Jul 1, 2007
Stamford, CT
www.ohitsjustpete.com
i downloaded this app and it is amazing still haven't figured out how to get it to work on 3g or edge yet but i think its a router issue and not the programs fault but it works really well over wifi some flash site don't render properly but thats not the programs fault either...but it is pretty cool if you need this type of thing

aenti

Zealot
Gold
Jul 8, 2008
Maryland
Wow, you dished out 25 bucks for this app?
When you work it properly, tell us how it goes.

joe

Gold
May 5, 2007
Read about it here.
Thanks BoyGenius
Teleport doesn't do what NetShare does. Thread subject is a little misleading.

Mocha VNC worked fine for me when I tried it. If you really need a solid VNC for iPhone, Teleport sounds like it will be the best option.

Ezekiel2517

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
wow, that sounds pretty cool, but i am reluctant to getting it because of what ive seen with the mocha vnc app, it was horrible, the screen would never respond and you could barely do anything on it. but if this one actually works, i might consider it

deenybird

Bronze
Jul 14, 2008
but if this one actually works, i might consider it
it does work. its true that mocha vnc was a hassle to navigate, switching between scrolling and mouse usage etc..

teleport has fixed those things, you no longer move the mouse, but rather the screen behind it. This makes a HUGE difference as far as navigating goes.

i agree it's pricey, but if you need a vnc program, it's the best out there.

now... if only this forwarding ports issue wasn't so darn complicated...
----
pc
verizon fios
actiontek router

Bilal

Bronze
Sep 25, 2007
Best VNC app ever for iPhone. Only app i really felt okay to spend money on.

I have to forward 5901 because i cant seem to manually set the tightvnc port.

Rip

Silver
Oct 23, 2007
Northern England
I've been using this for a while now and am a beta tester for the developer. It really is awesome - and there's more to come.

You'll need something like no-ip to get it to work over EDGE/3G or wifi external to your network. Pretty straightforward to set up and it works great.

the watcher

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
I've been using this for a while now and am a beta tester for the developer. It really is awesome - and there's more to come.

You'll need something like no-ip to get it to work over EDGE/3G or wifi external to your network. Pretty straightforward to set up and it works great.

Hey, can you give a step by step, how to set it up on 3g/edge,

aenti

Zealot
Gold
Jul 8, 2008
Maryland
If y'all like it so much, how bout you spread the love...to me!
Haha, anyways any reviews from the users?

smknSRT8

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
If y'all like it so much, how bout you spread the love...to me!
Haha, anyways any reviews from the users?
aenti, I will be doing it tonight, so you know you can get a review from me!

sdge

Bronze
Jul 8, 2007
Read about it here.
Thanks BoyGenius
Not to be a total dick, but kind of a weird title.

Kind of like saying "For those who like McDonald's comes Black Angus"

Anyway. I just bought the software (I love VNC remote desktop stuff) and it really is much better than mocha. Mocha is garbage in comparison.

It's basically a better version of Tapp App for any of you who jailbroke your old 1.1.4.

I have yet to truly play around with it, but when I have, I will write a little more on it. Maybe I will do a real EIC app review on it if I stop being so damned lazy.

aenti

Zealot
Gold
Jul 8, 2008
Maryland
Not to be a total dick, but kind of a weird title.

Kind of like saying "For those who like McDonald's comes Black Angus"

Anyway. I just bought the software (I love VNC remote desktop stuff) and it really is much better than mocha. Mocha is garbage in comparison.

It's basically a better version of Tapp App for any of you who jailbroke your old 1.1.4.

I have yet to truly play around with it, but when I have, I will write a little more on it. Maybe I will do a real EIC app review on it if I stop being so damned lazy.
yes, I made eine tiny mistake.