For those with low speakerphone and earbud volume...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

stevetim

Silver
Jul 20, 2007
After updating to 1.1.2 I can truly say I am surprised and satisfied that my barely audible volume levels have been fixed.

The first time I realized this was when placing a call with the earbud. I normally have to turn volume up to 100% just to barely be able to use the earbud. But just a few minutes ago I placed a call and actually jumped from the shock of how loud the sound was.

With this I decided to test the speakerphone in hopes of being able to use it at all. And yes, it is finally loud enough to use but still could be louder.

Anyone else with similar experience?

seb481

Silver
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
I am still at 1.1.1 and not updating until another jailbreak comes out.
I've never had any trouble with my earbuds but the speakerphone is just terrible. Hopefully, 1.1.2 did fix the issue!

eric325

Bronze
Aug 7, 2007
i never had any trouble with with the earbuds except the speakerphone. After the 1.1.2 i can say that it actually improve by one level. btw i was on level 2 on 1.1.1. Of course BIG STEVO can do much better then this instead of chasing everybody on customize ringtone.

hbg

Nov 10, 2007
Wow, 1.1.2 really boosts speakerphone and handpiece volume a lot. Finally, a fix- thank you Apple. The difference is night and day.

Chris Hyde

Bronze
Oct 27, 2007
Regardless, the external speaker on the iPhone is pathetic. It's really splitting hairs when discussing it. On a scale of 1-10, it's a 3-4 and I don't think Firmware upgrades can change the dynamic volume of such a POS speaker.

seb481

Silver
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
Updated yesterday and i am positive the update didn't change anything at all.
I suspect people who say their speakerphone was better to be Apple employees...

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Maybe people are shouting their voicemails at me now? I dunno. I can only say what I experience. It's much easier for me to hear through the speakerphone now after updating, though checking voicemail via speaker is the only real time I use it for call purposes.

This is not a scientific test, but I don't work for Apple. Why are people so salty on this board?

I will agree, the speaker is a POS, regardless of what the update did to it. But it is better. To me. Sorry not for you.

stevetim

Silver
Jul 20, 2007
Regardless, the external speaker on the iPhone is pathetic. It's really splitting hairs when discussing it. On a scale of 1-10, it's a 3-4 and I don't think Firmware upgrades can change the dynamic volume of such a POS speaker.
ever take your car in for a tune up? Well, mor than likely someone plugged your car into a computer via a cable to rewrite the car's firmware to make it perform better.

It is possible as with the variation in LCD screens, that there could be a variation in speaker production for the iPhone. Some people have bright screens and no black level trouble, and some don't.

Point is, "your" iPhone may or may not be fixable through the last update. I believe in some way, mine was.