For whoever has the new Rivet headphones...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
1. Do you really like them?
2. Do you have all the same controls as the stock headphones, including answering/endings calls and skipping/pausing music?
3. Does the mic hang too low? (I've heard rumors of this)
4. Do the earphones stay in your ears ok?
5. Is the bass good?
6. Does it wrap around the back of your neck like the Sony ones do? (I hate that by the way).
7. Do they feel cheap or anything?

Thanks in advance!

Ryukyu

Bronze
Jun 15, 2007
1. Do you really like them?
2. Do you have all the same controls as the stock headphones, including answering/endings calls and skipping/pausing music?
3. Does the mic hang too low? (I've heard rumors of this)
4. Do the earphones stay in your ears ok?
5. Is the bass good?
6. Does it wrap around the back of your neck like the Sony ones do? (I hate that by the way).
7. Do they feel cheap or anything?

Thanks in advance!
Everything you have asked about can be found here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ryukyu

Bronze
Jun 15, 2007
Thanks for the link. I got all my questions answered except for whether or not the bass sounds good.
my opinion is that the bass is greatly improved over the Apple earbuds.
unfortunately that's something that highly subjective. If you're familiar with Sony fontopias, I would say that they are on par with those, bass-wise.

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
my opinion is that the bass is greatly improved over the Apple earbuds.
unfortunately that's something that highly subjective. If you're familiar with Sony fontopias, I would say that they are on par with those, bass-wise.
Anything better than the virtually bass-less iPhone stock headphones and I'm happy :).

section8joe

Bronze
Jul 16, 2007
I just got mine today too. The earphones are great, sound quality is awesome. I really like how you strap them around you neck lanyard style. Way more bass than the Apple earphones...

Kaho

Jul 18, 2007
As far as bass quality goes, for 29.99 (19.99 if you buy them from amazon)
the bass is pretty good. You're definitely getting what you pay for.

iPhobos

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
I had my first active listening experience today while I was painting and needless to say I became quite annoyed because of the headphones falling out of my ear or becoming loose so that I lost sound quality. I have hated the headphones that come with the iPod since its deput in 2001. With such an outstandng product like the iPod and all of its counter parts and now the iPhone, I would have thought they would come up with much better head phones or atleast ship there in ear head phones instead of the the current.

So I would like to thank those of you who have posted a reply here cause when the next pay check comes I know what my first purchase will be. I can only imagine trying to out with the standard head phones.