Force a Backup Sync?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Michael Baturin

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
South Jersey
Hey. I haven't been in around in a while. I recently plugged in my iPhone and during a sync, I got a message saying Outlook could not find an Outlook.pst file. I didn't think much of it, but when I took my phone out, all my contacts are missing. I've searched my computer for *.pst and found nothing, then i went in and found a .pst file. When I open it with outlook there is nothing. No contacts like there used to be. I checked my backups from iTunes and there is one from a couple weeks ago that would have my contacts on it. Anyone know a way to force a sync to a backup file? The reason I don't just restore is I have 1.1.2 jailbroken by going through the 1.1.1 tweak called O something. If I restore, ill have to go back to 1.1.1 do that again, then go back to 1.1.2. and redo everything. Anyone help?

iFuNk

Bronze
Oct 25, 2007
Hey. I haven't been in around in a while. I recently plugged in my iPhone and during a sync, I got a message saying Outlook could not find an Outlook.pst file. I didn't think much of it, but when I took my phone out, all my contacts are missing. I've searched my computer for *.pst and found nothing, then i went in and found a .pst file. When I open it with outlook there is nothing. No contacts like there used to be. I checked my backups from iTunes and there is one from a couple weeks ago that would have my contacts on it. Anyone know a way to force a sync to a backup file? The reason I don't just restore is I have 1.1.2 jailbroken by going through the 1.1.1 tweak called O something. If I restore, ill have to go back to 1.1.1 do that again, then go back to 1.1.2. and redo everything. Anyone help?
Hey I hope this helps ... In the preference tab in iTunes ... under syncing .. you can see all the backup files .... if you delete the more current ones ... it will backup to the one that has all of your contacts in it when you restore .... you can give it a try ... after all .. u don't have much to lose ...

hope this helps