Force IPCC on an AT&T iPhone 4 ios 5.0.1 - Gevey unlocked

Discussion in 'iPhone Unlock' started by Karel_Patchouli, Jan 22, 2012.

1. Karel_Patchouli

Karel_Patchouli New Member

Hi guys,

I own a locked AT&T iPhone 4.
    I did jailbreak it to 5.0.1 (untethered) to preserve the 04.10.01 baseband, so I can unlock it with my Gevey.
    I hacktivated the iPhone with SAMPrefs.
    My Carrier is shown as "Carrier Lab 11.0".
    Everything is working perfectly.

BUT, my brand new French mobile provider (Free Mobile) did release its Carrier Bundle yesterday (http://appldnld.apple.com/iphone/CarrierBundles/041-3852.20120120.SotBc/Free_fr_iPhone.ipcc) adding plenty of options and I need to apply this bundle on my phone to get automatic hotspot connexion, tethering, iMessage, Facetime, Visual Voicemail, etc.

Here comes the trouble: nor iTunes, nor iOS 5 are pushing the carrier update to the phone, I guess it's because of the AT&T Lock/Gevey/Hacktivation.
    So I downloaded the ipcc file to my Mac, applied the "defaults write com.apple.iTunes carrier-testing -bool TRUE" line in the Terminal, Option-Clicked on Check for Updates to chose the ipcc.

The thing is: I reboot my iPhone and I get absolutely no changes. The carrier is still "Carrier Lab 11.0" when it should be "Free 11", no hotspot connect, no tethering options...
    I don't understand why the iPhone won't take that new carrier bundle. Probably because it's AT&T locked, hacktivated and unlocked with a Gevey.

Any idea how I should proceed to force the Carrier bundle update?

Really many thanks in advance if you have any information that could help!

2. Karel_Patchouli

Nevermind, I think I found the solution :

I took the files in /private/var/mobile/library/carrier bundles and paste them in the /private/var/mobile/library/carrier bundle.bundle folder

3. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

Thread moved to the iPhone Unlock section.

4. Karel_Patchouli

Sorry Mod.

Ok I THOUGHT I had found the solution. But except for the carrier showing "Free 11.1" everything was the same. So I did Reset network settings and now I find myself with "Carrier: Unknown" and phone not working.
    I guess this isn't the way it should be done.
    If anybody could help. Thanks a lot!

5. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

I'd delete the .ipcc file from your iTunes folder and restore the phone to stock OS. Then I would re-attempt the jailbreak, don't forget to preserve the baseband.

6. Karel_Patchouli

The ipcc file is nowhere in iTunes.
    I had to make a clean jailbreak, so now I'm in the same situation, I have no idea how to apply my carrier update :(