Force us to update?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Pharaoh

Bronze
Sep 7, 2007
Ok so a co-worker comes into work and says "I have something to compete with your iPhone"...he pulls out a sidekick..i hold in my laughter...of course he is trying to compare and cannot, then eventually says yeah just wait until Apple forces you to update and you can't mod anymore

first of all, i don't think they can do this, can they?
second of all, even if they do, im sure someone will find a way around it and tell us all right?

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
Ok so a co-worker comes into work and says "I have something to compete with your iPhone"...he pulls out a sidekick..i hold in my laughter...of course he is trying to compare and cannot, then eventually says yeah just wait until Apple forces you to update and you can't mod anymore

first of all, i don't think they can do this, can they?
second of all, even if they do, im sure someone will find a way around it and tell us all right?
This guy with the sidekick doesn't even own an iPhone....why would be spouting off..? Apple has ALREADY tried to stop the modding with 1.1.1. But to no avail....it's hacked now. I never updated anyway (Apple can't MAKE you) and am happy with 1.0.2. have no fear.... that sidekick looks like it's from 1989, anyway...

rcrush

Jul 26, 2007
I don't think they can force you to update but they can make your phone real inconvenient to use until you use your update. For instance my yahoo push stopped working and I was told it was working on the update since in the update it has that Use Yahoo Push button in mail settings. I finally gave in and updated since iPhoneringtonemaker is about to release a beta for 1.1.1

Well I updated and now yahoo push works. Go figure.