forced Facebook mobile?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
has anyone else come across this? i used to go automatically to the actual(the one you see on the computer) facebook website, but now it keeps trying to make me go to the far inferrior, facebook mobile.

anyone know how to stop this?

sp33d

Bronze
Aug 28, 2007
has anyone else come across this? i used to go automatically to the actual(the one you see on the computer) facebook website, but now it keeps trying to make me go to the far inferrior, facebook mobile.

inferior? You must be crazy... I think it looks way better what they did to it. No unnecessary scrolling and tabbed... and to answer your question. I don't think there is a way to go back. Its something they implement on their part. Website recognizes your iPhone and then thereforee displays it in mobile mode. Too bad.

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
well to each his own...
but i think it's funny now that i think about it when on the commercials it kept saying "the REAL internet"...

either way i miss the regular version :<

...YOU'RE CRAZY! :p

methcat

Sep 5, 2007
for me if i go to facebook.com I get regular facebook ... and if I go to iPhone.facebook.com I get the iPhone facebook ... I haven't had any crossovers or anything!

Jun 22, 2007
I am not a member of facebook, but I have had a similar experience. When I first got my iPhone for a few days I could go to www.stlcardinals.com, which is the official MLB website of the Cardinals and I would get the full version. Since then it goes straight to the WAP edition.

nobbie

Bronze
Jul 23, 2007

Have you tried just clicking the "Regular Site" link at the bottom? Then bookmarking it?

sp33d

Bronze
Aug 28, 2007
Have you tried just clicking the "Regular Site" link at the bottom? Then bookmarking it?
Yeah I just saw that last night... could they make the link any smaller? :p I still think the iPhone layout is the best though!

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
no matter how i try it, i still get the iPhone version..
it's not terrible, it's just not what i want ;_;
The iPhone version doesn't show people's recent history which I like sometimes. Let me know if you figure out how to not have it force you to the iPhone version because I'm having the same problem.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
The iPhone version doesn't show people's recent history which I like sometimes. Let me know if you figure out how to not have it force you to the iPhone version because I'm having the same problem.

When you log into the facebook mobile account, just scroll to the bottom of the page and there is a link that says, "Regular Site" just click on that and you're taken to the GOOD facebook.