Forcing a default WiFi connection.

Docd

Contributor
Silver
Oct 16, 2011
I have 2.4 and 5 ghz connection on my router but my iPhone 5 default to the 2.4 and I have to manually switch it to the 5 ghz. Anyway to force to to go use the 5. Part of my house doesn't get the 5 so forgetting the 2.4 is not an option. I just want to set a priority level.

Docd

Contributor
Silver
Oct 16, 2011
It works fine with the 5 I just think it has to do with the phone just goes to the first one it has permission with. It needs an option to set priority level, which I can't find.

showguy

Silver
Dec 2, 2007
Long Island, NY
I resolved my problem with a new net gear router by making sure the 2.4 and 5gz channel were on totally different ssid. Now I have both channels working fine on iPhone and iPad. You may want to tell your devices to forget both connections and start over again.

Aug 2, 2007
Long Island N.Y.
I resolved my problem with a new net gear router by making sure the 2.4 and 5gz channel were on totally different ssid. Now I have both channels working fine on iPhone and iPad. You may want to tell your devices to forget both connections and start over again.
I did exactly what you did, even tried different channels that are compatible, still my iPhone cant find the 5GHZ.. not sure what im doing wrong here.