Forcing a default WiFi connection.

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by Docd, Sep 23, 2012.

1. Docd

Docd Contributor
    Silver

I have 2.4 and 5 ghz connection on my router but my iPhone 5 default to the 2.4 and I have to manually switch it to the 5 ghz. Anyway to force to to go use the 5. Part of my house doesn't get the 5 so forgetting the 2.4 is not an option. I just want to set a priority level.

2. showguy

showguy Member
    Silver

I keep mine on 2.4. The iPhone seems to have a problem with the 5. Mine keeps bouncing back to 2.4.

3. Docd

Docd Contributor
    Silver

It works fine with the 5 I just think it has to do with the phone just goes to the first one it has permission with. It needs an option to set priority level, which I can't find.

4. aknightstale41

Gold

5. showguy

showguy Member
    Silver

I resolved my problem with a new net gear router by making sure the 2.4 and 5gz channel were on totally different ssid. Now I have both channels working fine on iPhone and iPad. You may want to tell your devices to forget both connections and start over again.

6. aknightstale41

Gold

I did exactly what you did, even tried different channels that are compatible, still my iPhone cant find the 5GHZ.. not sure what im doing wrong here.

7. aknightstale41

Gold

Duh...i just realized the 4s dosent support 5ghz...now i want the iPhone 5 lol.

8. showguy

showguy Member
    Silver

Oops sorry. I assumed you had the 5.