Ford Escape 2014 & iPhone 6 Plus

Discussion in 'iPhone 6' started by ivantwilliams, Nov 1, 2014.

1. ivantwilliams

ivantwilliams Evangelist
    Gold

I have an iPhone 6 Plus, and we all know it is MASSIVE.
    But my biggest issue right now is in my Ford Escape 2014, there is no real spot/place to put it while I'm driving.

Yes, I could put it in my pocket. But...
    It doesn't even fit in the cup holder! Where do you place yours?

Sent from my iPad using iCafe Forums
    Instagram: naviwilliamsinc
    Twitter: naviwilliams

#1 ivantwilliams, Nov 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2015
  2. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

https://www.proclipusa.com/

I keep my iPhone in my pocket now in car as I chose not to use my iPhone when off wifi due to data usage, but I used proclip with my iPhone 5 in the air vent and it was great. Sadly it won't work with the iPhone 6+ obviously.

#2 MoneyMaker79, Nov 1, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2014
  3. Tattooed Alex

Tattooed Alex Genius
    Gold

Have you ever tried a universal cd slot mount cell phone holder? I just ordered one for my 6.

4. ivantwilliams

ivantwilliams Evangelist
    Gold

Hmm, no, I haven't. I might look into that...

Sent from my iPad using iCafe Forums
    Instagram: naviwilliamsinc
    Twitter: @naviwilliams

5. djwindsor

djwindsor Contributor
    Silver

Definitely look into the CD mount on eBay or Amazon. I have it and it works GREAT!! They even make one with a magnetic hold. The only thing negative about that method is that your iPhone has to be in a case so the metal can hold the phone. They give you a very thin piece of metal that is highly attracted to the magnetic mount. I put the metal in the case and it holds firmly. It is great that you can just attach it in a fraction of a second. The other method is a spring loaded holder that works well too. Just not as fast as the magnet.

Sent using iCafe app

6. ZR_Yancy

ZR_Yancy Genius
    Gold

$4.45 + Free Shipping on eBay.

iPhone 6 Plus. So far so good. I had to put it together without any instructions.

As others have said, if you don't use your CD player, you can use CD player mount. I can't use that kind of mount because my phone would block the controls and screen of my head unit so I opted for the vent mount.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414949017.549778.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414949028.215700.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414949039.959494.jpg

#6 ZR_Yancy, Nov 2, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2014
  7. Keukawater

Keukawater Member
    Bronze

I like that CD mount too. I picked one up from Amazon that was about $16. There were others that were cheaper but I liked the swiveling head on this one. I'm not sure what the dash looks like on a Ford Escape but my car has a weird air vent set up so I didn't think one of the air vent style mounts would work. Also, the CD slot is sort of in the middle of my dash so the phone does block some buttons when it's in the mount. I don't have the phone in the mount all the time--usually just when its charging, using the maps app, or playing music. Other times I keep it in my coat pocket if I'm wearing one. Here are some pictures. ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1414949623.616802.jpg ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1414949638.786480.jpg ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1414949658.036456.jpg

8. Njshoremom4gurlz

Njshoremom4gurlz Contributor
    Silver

Try a mount? I use a mount on the note 2 and iPhone 5s and 6 now getting the plus it'll be fine I adjust the rolling thing.
    I recommend that so many on amazon

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

9. 47seijar

47seijar Zealot
    Bronze

I always had good luck with ProClip mounts. Used 'em all the way back to my days with Palm Treo phones.

10. coop1701

coop1701 Zealot
    Silver

Same here.. ProClips does a excellent job. I posted a pic of mine in the Accessories category if you want to look at it.