Forget Sprint

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

section8joe

Bronze
Jul 16, 2007
So I've been with sprint for over 8 years. I've actually hated them for some time but I had such a good plan so I been dealing with it. Anyway, I had 3 lines with them. I cancelled my line at the beginning of the July when I got my iPhone. I still had 2 other lines that were in the same sprint account. Keep in mind that all lines are out of contract. I did however cancel all the lines and moved everyone over to AT&T(at the end of July). Today I get my sprint bill at its $400. They charged me for every call that was made on the other 2 lines last month. Thats $.40/minute for over 900 minutes. Now I"m on hold with them as I type this message. They said hold time will be atleast 20 minutes. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
I'm guessing the first line you switched from Sprint was the main number on the account? This is the case with me (3 lines with Sprint and mine is the main billing line) and the reason I haven't yet ported my number to AT&T. My plan dates back to 2001, and I too stayed with Sprint because I had such great (grandfathered) plan.

It's such a good plan that I intend to keep the other two lines on it. But I think I will need to swap the main billing numbers before porting the one line over to AT&T else I'd end up with the other two lines dangling without an actual plan.

Please update as to what happens. I dread any and all contact with Sprint CS.

--
Mike

section8joe

Bronze
Jul 16, 2007
I'm guessing the first line you switched from Sprint was the main number on the account? This is the case with me (3 lines with Sprint and mine is the main billing line) and the reason I haven't yet ported my number to AT&T. My plan dates back to 2001, and I too stayed with Sprint because I had such great (grandfathered) plan.

It's such a good plan that I intend to keep the other two lines on it. But I think I will need to swap the main billing numbers before porting the one line over to AT&T else I'd end up with the other two lines dangling without an actual plan.

Please update as to what happens. I dread any and all contact with Sprint CS.

--
Mike
Well I was on hold for 37 minutes and no one answered the line. Now I have to go to work and be pissed all day.:laugh2:
Thanks Sprint!

section8joe

Bronze
Jul 16, 2007
good old sprint haha

I have three lines as well and I am canceling one tomorrow. I guess I'll see how it goes
Well, I was on hold for another 45 minutes and they finally answered. They told me they will review my account and then they'll email me within 48 hours. Keep you fingers crossed for me.
Joe

Zanthe

#apple
Gold
Aug 9, 2007
I was on the line with Sprint two weeks ago for over two hours trying to understand why all of a sudden the reception at my house (and pretty much only there) was/is almost non existent. I've been with Sprint for 10 years and this is some sort of new problem. According to the CS people "everything checks out fine". :rolleyes:

They have no answer for me and my Treo 700p just drops calls (only at my house) like no tomorrow. I reactivated my Sanyo 8300 and while it was better it's dropping calls at the house too and it rarely did in the past. Clearly the Sanyo is better reception wise at my house than the Treo but I have no idea what's up and Sprint is clueless and apparently really doesn't care. So my dilemma is that I am under their darn contract and it's gonna cost me $200 to move to AT&T and the iPhone. I'm reluctant as I really have no faith that AT&T service is going to be any better. As I have mentioned a few times in other threads however, the only way I am going to know is to buy an iPhone and try it. :eek:

ahaxton

Aug 5, 2007
Sprint is probably even worse than tmobile. You say you have sprint around here and people will probably puke. Im positive you'll have better service with AT&T

Silverado

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
Sprint is probably even worse than tmobile. You say you have sprint around here and people will probably puke. Im positive you'll have better service with AT&T
T-Mobile might have bad service where you area, but not where I am. Coverage areas are differ wildly in North America and you can't apply one area's experience to another.

However, T-Mobile's customer service is so ahead of Sprint's that they're not in the same league.

section8joe

Bronze
Jul 16, 2007
Well it's been a week and nothing has been resolved. They told me they would email me with 48 hours.:confused: I emailed them and now they tell me someone will contact me by phone within 24 hours. It's been 21 hours and still no phone call.......

sdge

Bronze
Jul 8, 2007
I was on the line with Sprint two weeks ago for over two hours trying to understand why all of a sudden the reception at my house (and pretty much only there) was/is almost non existent. I've been with Sprint for 10 years and this is some sort of new problem. According to the CS people "everything checks out fine". :rolleyes:

They have no answer for me and my Treo 700p just drops calls (only at my house) like no tomorrow. I reactivated my Sanyo 8300 and while it was better it's dropping calls at the house too and it rarely did in the past. Clearly the Sanyo is better reception wise at my house than the Treo but I have no idea what's up and Sprint is clueless and apparently really doesn't care. So my dilemma is that I am under their darn contract and it's gonna cost me $200 to move to AT&T and the iPhone. I'm reluctant as I really have no faith that AT&T service is going to be any better. As I have mentioned a few times in other threads however, the only way I am going to know is to buy an iPhone and try it. :eek:
Get through to a supervisor and kindly insinuate that they are voilating the original contract (which probably isn't true) because you are unable to use their product where you once could.

Don't directly threaten sueing, but try insinuating it until you get passed along to someone high enough that will be too stupid to understand litigation but who also has the power to cancel your service without the 200$ fee. No one wants a law suit of any kind, it's just easier/cheaper for them to release you.

This could work... but no guarantees...

uPhone559

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
i remember i hated "clarie" the automated customer service lol
i think i still owe spring $328.02 from 1998, oops

Zanthe

#apple
Gold
Aug 9, 2007
Get through to a supervisor and kindly insinuate that they are voilating the original contract (which probably isn't true) because you are unable to use their product where you once could.

Don't directly threaten sueing, but try insinuating it until you get passed along to someone high enough that will be too stupid to understand litigation but who also has the power to cancel your service without the 200$ fee. No one wants a law suit of any kind, it's just easier/cheaper for them to release you.

This could work... but no guarantees...
That's decent advice. Thanks. I may have to try that.

Although, believe it or not, in the last week the reception has gotten better at my house again. WTF? I know this is a reach and probably coincidental but we have been having pretty cloudy weather the last week and a half unlike the bright sunny weather we were having when my reception was so bad. Is there any chance this could have something to do with ti? I know it's a reach as I said but just a thought.

skiz420

Bronze
Jul 28, 2007
Boston
Call this number

1-866-265-8306

That is the direct line to teir 2 tech support... these people know what they are talking about... there are now menus to go through and best of all its an AMERICAN... thank god... no overseas folk trying to trouble shoot you with a heavyer accent than apu...

brojimh

Bronze
Aug 1, 2007
Morris, AL
Great News. . .

Not sure if I should be giving this out. . .but. . .we're all friends here, right? And, you're not going to tell anyone, right?

Here is a phone number---NOT ADVERTISED OR LISTED--by Sprint anywhere. The normal CSRs won't even give it to you and I've found in my experience, don't even know about it.

If you want first rate, immediate and complete customer support you need to call the following number:

703-433-4401

This number was setup for people that are members of (or just read) the website www.consumerist.com. Sprint set it up and gave the Corporate CSRs the power to do ANYTHING they feel led to do for the customer. They say not to use this number until you have exhausted all other avenues.

PLEASE DON'T ABUSE IT OR SPRINT WILL TAKE IT AWAY!

http://consumerist.com/consumer/cus...executive-customer-service-hotline-264299.php

NO SUPERVISOR APPROVALS. . .no, "I'll have to see if I can," etc. They have the power and authority to do WHATEVER it takes (the one that helped me told me that and did something NO ONE else ever offered to do or even said could do).

I gave this number to one of my friends the other day when he was having trouble with the normal Sprint CSRs and had called about 8 times over the course of three months to get a credit for something, and the lady said "sure, I can take care of that for you right now!" They hung up and he immediately went online to check his account and the credit was already did.

section8joe

Bronze
Jul 16, 2007
I finally got everything worked out. After 3 weeks of phone calls and emails I have to pay $64. Not too bad considering my original bill was $400. Thanks for everyones help:laugh2:.

ahaxton

Aug 5, 2007
I finally got everything worked out. After 3 weeks of phone calls and emails I have to pay $64. Not too bad considering my original bill was $400. Thanks for everyones help:laugh2:.
Wooo!

Welcome to AT&T now lol. Go get that iPhone!

By the way what does Section8Joe mean anyways?

ahaxton

Aug 5, 2007
Section 8 was a skatepark that I used to own a few years ago. I just kept the name.
Joe
Ah, just wondering. First thing that came to my head was Section 8, the federal housing voucher program for low-income people. Haha I was just thinking, geeze I hope thats not the case. Probably better stuff to spend money on than an iPhone if you were part of the section 8 program.