Forgot code needed to turn restrictions on/off

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Hello. I believe there is a way to get this code if you are jailbroken by getting into the phone system. If you're not jailbroken or you're on the latest operating software, you'll have to restore to factory to reset that passcode.

Edit: Then using a backup won't work as it'll just put back your old passcode.

Last edited:

iPutz

Zealot
Silver
Nov 20, 2012
US Midwest
If the OP restores to factory, resets the code to his liking and uses the backup to restore his data, won't he be putting back in the unknown code again and be right back where he started?

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
If the OP restores to factory, resets the code to his liking and uses the backup to restore his data, won't he be putting back in the unknown code again and be right back where he started?
I read that earlier and you're right. I should have edited.

Most of the OPS information should be saved in iTunes, at least for me when I have done a factory restore and setup as new. My contacts and all came back.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I read that earlier and you're right. I should have edited.

Most of the OPS information should be saved in iTunes, at least for me when I have done a factory restore and setup as new. My contacts and all came back.
They are pushed and synced through iCloud, not iTunes. You do not have to restore from backup to sync your contacts. When you restore to factory settings and then log into iCloud in the Settings app, your contacts, bookmarks, calandars and notes all sync to the device over the air. iCloud syncing replaced the paid Apple MobileMe syncing service. It's really nice because you don't have to rely on backups and you can set each new device up from scratch but still get your contacts, etc. on them.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
They are pushed and synced through iCloud, not iTunes. You do not have to restore from backup to sync your contacts. When you restore to factory settings and then log into iCloud in the Settings app, your contacts, bookmarks, calandars and notes all sync to the device over the air. iCloud syncing replaced the paid Apple MobileMe syncing service. It's really nice because you don't have to rely on backups and you can set each new device up from scratch but still get your contacts, etc. on them.
If I turn on Contacts now when I go to iCloud on iPhone, and merge, will it put the contacts I have on iCloud, and not erase them from iPhone as I have none on iCloud yet?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
If I turn on Contacts now when I go to iCloud on iPhone, and merge, will it put the contacts I have on iCloud, and not erase them from iPhone as I have none on iCloud yet?
Make sure you aren't syncing contacts with any other email account. When you toggle contacts off in the other accounts, select "keep on phone." Then toggle iCloud contacts on and it will start syncing them through iCloud.

Edwin Walker

Bronze
Oct 10, 2014
Hehe. Seems u guys have hacked my thread.
Im still stuck with my ipad unable to reset to factory settings due to it requesting the unlock code for restrictions.