forgot lock screen password

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
No, you cannot bypass the passcode. She'll need to connect to the computer it's synced with and restore. She can apply her backup after the restore. If she doesn't have a backup, she will have to restore to factory settings.

Feb 3, 2013
someone told me I can email Apple from a different device linked to same computer for them to allow me to change password the same way they provide link to "forgot password"...
If you're going to email Apple you'll definitely wait a long time for the reply. So it's better to do a reset than to email them :) Or better yet go to Apple.

Cloudfire

Feb 28, 2013
I have heard of taking the device to an Apple store and they will unlock it for you.

Sent using iCafe app

Cloudfire

Feb 28, 2013
No. See Post #5!

Sent Using iCafe App
I know for sure that some has taken it to the Apple store. That person was my girlfriend. Whatever they did fixed it. Idk if they hooked it up to iTunes or not. But the Apple store helped her.

Sent using iCafe app

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I know for sure that some has taken it to the Apple store. That person was my girlfriend. Whatever they did fixed it. Idk if they hooked it up to iTunes or not. But the Apple store helped her.
Apple can restore an iPhone for you, or you can just do it yourself at home and save some gas and time.