Former Blackberry User Needs Help

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

dallasjetfan

Contributor
Bronze
Oct 15, 2011
I have never had any other phone other than BB's. I have always loved having a keyboard and am missing it quite a bit. When texting or typing and making a mistake, is there a way to go back to where that mistake occurred? Or do I need to delete all text back to the mistake? Touching the spot usually puts the cursor in the wrong spot.

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
I have never had any other phone other than BB's. I have always loved having a keyboard and am missing it quite a bit. When texting or typing and making a mistake, is there a way to go back to where that mistake occurred? Or do I need to delete all text back to the mistake? Touching the spot usually puts the cursor in the wrong spot.
Touch the approx spot and hold your finger on the screen. This will create a zoom view and allow you to dial in exactly where you want to leave the cursor.

verwon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 29, 2011
Seattle
And the select option that pops up, will let you choose the whole word, then you can change it, or use one of the offered replacements.

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!

dallasjetfan

Contributor
Bronze
Oct 15, 2011
Touch the approx spot and hold your finger on the screen. This will create a zoom view and allow you to dial in exactly where you want to leave the cursor.
Thank you! That makes me feel better about texting now. So many more questions! Crazy what this phone can do!

dallasjetfan

Contributor
Bronze
Oct 15, 2011
The change from being on a physical keyboard and touch screen is hard but you will get it. And this is the place to ask those questions. Glad I could help.
Definitely hard to get used to, but my speed hasn't been affected a ton because the predictive text works for me because I can spell really well and very rarely am way off. It was this one thing that was bothering me because I would finish a whole paragraph and was having to erase everything to get back. It was my biggest complaint. My other one is the BB was much easier setting up email accounts.

verwon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 29, 2011
Seattle
Before I got an Evo, I'd always had physical keyboards, getting use to the virtual took a few days and at first, I wanted to throw it through the window!

MrMike6by9

Evangelist
Gold
Nov 16, 2008
Maryland, USA
Before I got an Evo, I'd always had physical keyboards, getting use to the virtual took a few days and at first, I wanted to throw it through the window!

I can second that. I came from Moto Q9h to the 3GS. Now, I'm just loving the 4S. BTW, you can create shortcuts under setting for the keyboard. Like my fav - YMMV that I no longer have to set the caps lock to type.
YMMV

Any impatience you show will only create more stress.

dallasjetfan

Contributor
Bronze
Oct 15, 2011
I fought Apple for a long time, but after my 10th PC crashing from a virus I went with Mac. Then I fought leaving BB, but the last outage gave me a final push, plus the best BB had battery issue and weak camera. I need an all in one device and the 4S seems to fit that bill.

dallasjetfan

Contributor
Bronze
Oct 15, 2011
OK, I was able to test the Google maps and I have to say it is pretty awesome compared to my BB. I would have missed my appt. today if it weren't for the iPhone!