Forum and tempers

wrhutch

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
Pottsboro Texas
Is it just me or does there seem to be more tension here of recent? This Forum has been a wealth of informaton for me. But there always seems to be someone who is flamming someone else. *why can't be be ifriends, why can't we be ifriends* keeps playing in my head. lol :laugh2:

Anyone else feel this way?

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
first of all i would like to say, STFU.

second of all, just kidding :p

but yeah i do sense some tension around the boards, maybe it's just because everyone is a bit antsy for an update.

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
It's just that everyone is waiting for the.....the....UPGRADE

Then it will all start again for the next because they will not be happy with just this update:oops:

Edit: Do you think I need a haircut?

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
The hair is looking damn good.
I have - unintentionally - adopted that style myself lately ...

In reality I really look like that. I wear a hat sometimes to hide it, obviously he forget his hat that day. Sometimes I forget my hat and I just say what the heck!

SpongebObiWan

Bronze
Aug 25, 2007
Is it just me or does there seem to be more tension here of recent? This Forum has been a wealth of informaton for me. But there always seems to be someone who is flamming someone else. *why can't be be ifriends, why can't we be ifriends* keeps playing in my head. lol :laugh2:

What do you mean by THAT derogatory remark!?!?!? You talkin' to ME!?!?!? Are you talkin' to ME!?!?!? :p

coinstar99

Bronze
Sep 6, 2007
I see what you're talking about. I don't understand and have never understood the reason for a flame. Some people honestly just don't know any better than to ask a silly question, or not to search. Ok, well that one makes me a little irked!

I think that the way Apple is dangling us along right now, as far as the update goes, and whether or not the update will no longer allow modding and hacks. That makes me a little nervous, when I think about an update coming out that might have mms but I'd not be able to run the ebook reader! I have to ask myself whats more important! Of course I was just using mms as an example, I have no knowledge of that.

I am sure there would be a lot more angry iPhone users out there if Apple brought us a super update that had mms,ichat,copy/paste and a slew of other goodies, but blocked us from modding or hacking! I know I would be upset.

I promise never to flame anyone, in the spirit of good will, and happy iphone-ness!

mjeagent

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
Northern Virginia
In reality I really look like that. I wear a hat sometimes to hide it, obviously he forget his hat that day. Sometimes I forget my hat and I just say what the heck!
Isn't that his mugshot picture from his DWI arrest?

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD

I've also noticed that since the price drop on the iPhone, a lot of new users are getting the "noob" treatment right out of the gate...

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
It's a vicious cycle here. Once we restore order, chaos seems to be right around the corner. I would ask that "vets" be a little more welcoming to noobs. We all had day 1 with the iPhone. It should also be noted that not everyone understands the nuances of forums. Help a new member and hopefully they'll return the favor when they learn more about the iPhone. That's the type of vicious cycle I'd like to encourage here at EIP.

-Chris

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
It's a vicious cycle here. Once we restore order, chaos seems to be right around the corner. I would ask that "vets" be a little more welcoming to noobs. We all had day 1 with the iPhone. It should also be noted that not everyone understands the nuances of forums. Help a new member and hopefully they'll return the favor when they learn more about the iPhone. That's the type of vicious cycle I'd like to encourage here at EIP.

-Chris
Unless you ever plan on using the word "C**ksucker" liberally in your posts your avatar just totally misleads.

Maybe you should switch to the Doc since you're always fixin' stuff around here ;)

Hey, here are some pics the last time I was at Melody Ranch, aka "Deadwood" Cameras are prohibited there so please excuse my blurry shots but I totally thought I'd steer this thread off course to welcome the new guy.

Doc Cochran's Room (Sign RARELY shown in series)

Swearangen's Roost
There actually isn't anything inside the "Gem Saloon" its just a storage area for props to dress up the street during filming. The "Gem" does connect to the Deadwood Pioneer, but the 2nd floor Swearengen enters from and talks down from doesn't lead into the "Gem" it heads into a false wall for tight shots.

VERY RARE shot of the actual Gem Saloon sign (Never really shown in series)

The Bella Union
The Bella Union is actually on the same side of the street as the Gem. The Bella resides directly across from the Deadwood Pioneer's Tent which is used for telegraphs later in the series. The Bella is shot to appear on the opposite corner of the Gem in the thoroughfare, sitting North/East facing South/West and vice versa. The Bella is one of the few areas of the street set that have working interiors for filming. That is to say, what you see in the Bella actually is inside. The Bella's interior appears to have also been used in one of the first scenes the recent western 3:10 to Yuma.

Deadwood Pioneer Door

I've got a few more, but I'm at the 6 image limit, lol.

Last edited by a moderator: