Forum Guidelines 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
The following are the everythingiCafe forum guidelines. Members are required to follow these guidelines in order to maintain membership.
  1. Be nice. Treat members how you would like to be treated.
  2. Be helpful. Don't answer a question with, "Search Google..." or "This has been asked, search is your friend." Provide the best possible answer or make a great contribution to a discussion.
  3. Give us your best. Where possible, do your best to avoid spelling and grammatical errors. If you're not a great speller, use the built-in spell check, which will recommend the correct spelling of most words. If you know how to spell four-letter words, don't use them. We're a family friendly forum.
  4. Create new, descriptive topics. When creating a new topic, our forum will alert you of an existing topic. Don't create duplicates. When you do create a new topic, make sure you create a thread title that is descriptive and very specific. Do not create a thread and leave nothing more than a link. Write a few sentences with your take or a synopsis.
  5. Don't spam. No really, it's not worth your time or mine. We're all really good at detecting this stuff and believe in swift justice.
How we moderate?
The forum has a warning system. If someone violates the guidelines or policy, most cases will result in a warning. Some infractions are minor and won't include 'warning points.' If I warn you about sloppy spelling (using 'u' in place of spelling the word 'you'), think of it as a friendly heads up. Moderators are volunteers which administer the forum policy I set. Problems and issues should be addressed to me, using the site's conversation system.

The forum guidelines are intentionally basic, so they are easy to read and understand. If you are looking for more details, I'd recommend reading "Guidelines for Improving Our Community". They should act as an addendum to the more exhaustive forum policy. Any questions or concerns should be addressed with the forum administrator in the Site Feedback forum.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.