Forwarding Hotmail to Gmail?

Sep 19, 2007
iPhone doesn't support hotmail directly, what a surprise. I'm kinda over my hotmail account especially they've changed to that "Live" BS, which just slows things down. Is it possible to forward my hotmail to a Gmail account?

kiwee

Bronze
Jun 17, 2010
Toronto, ON
go to options, more options and under manage, click forward to another account

C

christine-34

That's strange! Why?

Tariq.sdk

Bronze
Jul 17, 2010
Kish Island
www.qadri.tk
iPhone does support hotmail but without folders. You can't access your folders on iPhone.
For setting up hotmail just go to Mail app and add "other mail".

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

jmp316

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 10, 2008
Does anyone knows any other alternative for hotmail?

Gmail. Works awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe

Tariq.sdk

Bronze
Jul 17, 2010
Kish Island
www.qadri.tk
Well it does work very well with Gmail and Yahoo but when it comes to Hotmail it's a shame.
It does not support any folders and if I am not wrong it does not support attachments with all of them.
I was a windows Mobile user so it's quite annoying to me.

Does any one has a solution to these issues? I am on iOS 4 with 3GS.

Tariq.sdk

Bronze
Jul 17, 2010
Kish Island
www.qadri.tk
Dear Cam,
Thanks a lot for your help. It works great. I was looking for this ever since I bought an iPhone.

For some reason your link does not appears to work but with the idea I did some googling and found another link that guides step by step till end.

Big Thanks to you. Have a good day.

http://www.iphonehacks.com/2010/08/...d-touch-for-push-email-calendar-contacts.html

MrMike6by9

Evangelist
Gold
Nov 16, 2008
Maryland, USA
I finally got it to work after noticing that the text didn't say what the image says at Step 6, [see iPhoneshacks link above] the username must include "@hotmail.com". When it authenticated, the app apparently didn't retain the "suffix" for me.

A friend of mine, for whom I'd been searching for this functionality, had success for a few minutes but now says nothing works. Mine still works but I can't solve his problems until I get my hands on his phone over the weekend.

YMMV

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app (edited via desktop)