Forwarding text messages

Jul 29, 2007
I hope I'm just slow at figuring the phone out, but has anyone figured out 1.) how to forward a text message and 2.) how to send texts to more that one person at a time. I've read forum after forum, but this question has not been really popular. At any rate, this is by far the best table for discussions. Phonescoop was making me gag! :mad:

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
I hope I'm just slow at figuring the phone out, but has anyone figured out 1.) how to forward a text message and 2.) how to send texts to more that one person at a time. I've read forum after forum, but this question has not been really popular. At any rate, this is by far the best table for discussions. Phonescoop was making me gag! :mad:
Unfortunately neither of those are possible right now. Many people are depending on an update to address this. :(

alexster

Jul 15, 2007
I had those same exact questions a few days ago. Figured it was impossible to send a txt at once to more than on person.

I was also looking for a way to at least send an email to more than on person in to "To:" field. Distribution lists, anyone? =/

ikecomp

Jul 29, 2007
I had those same exact questions a few days ago. Figured it was impossible to send a txt at once to more than on person.

I was also looking for a way to at least send an email to more than on person in to "To:" field. Distribution lists, anyone? =/
To answer the second part of your question, if you already have the email addresses saved in your phone just hit the plus icon in the "To:" field to add more recipients to your email. If you have to manually type in each email address than just hit the return button on the virtual keyboard after you type in each email address to add a new one.

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
help me to find an answere:laugh2:
Well this is a very old thread. The iPhone now does both forwarding and mass texting. Mass texting is native to the phone, just hit the + sign over and over and add as many contacts as you wish. Text forwarding is unfortunately only available after jailbreaking your phone using ZiPhone and then downloading the third party app SMSD or iSMS.

Mel

Sep 8, 2008
If I receive a text message and would like to forward it to a friend, how do I forward text messages on my iPhone? Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mel

Sep 8, 2008
thanks, I wish there were a way of doing this, it's so difficult to write out a text on a piece of paper then type it in to another person.

Diveboy

Sep 25, 2008
Well this is a very old thread. The iPhone now does both forwarding and mass texting. Mass texting is native to the phone, just hit the + sign over and over and add as many contacts as you wish. Text forwarding is unfortunately only available after jailbreaking your phone using ZiPhone and then downloading the third party app SMSD or iSMS.
I have Installer and Cydia on my phone but cant find SMSD or iSMS. Where are they?

theone77

Bronze
Oct 18, 2007
SMSD or ISMS is not included on cydia/inataller4 if you are on Firmware 2.0 up...its included in previous version..

FOR FORWARDING MESSAGES and You are on 2.0-2.1 FW install BITESMS from cydia

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Wit biteSMS, you can either send/receive texts through your own carrier - in which case standard fees apply - or send it through the biteSMS service, in which case you must pay them. This preference can be changed in biteSMS' Preferences Menu.