Found! A great new app!

jcmitchell5

Contributor
Silver
Feb 19, 2010
Arkansas
My friend showed me an awesome new app that just came out (or I guess just came out) called HeyTell. It is kind of like using a walkie talkie for iPhones! If you and your friends have iPhones and you want to send out a quick message to them you just go to the app and click their name and talk. When you let go of the button they will be notified of your message. It really is a pretty handy app to have, especially if a lot of your friends have iPhones! Try it out and let me know what you think! :)

Aug 15, 2010
Yes! I've been telling everyone about this app since I've gotten it! So many people I know have gotten it so far. Say goodbye to texting!

fearofnormalcy

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 8, 2010
New Port Richey, FL
www.facebook.com
There's another thread where someone was looking for a push-to-talk app, and it got mentioned, so me and the wife are giving it a go. Like it so far!

My only complaint is the description says it's also available for Android, which my buddy in Norway uses, so we were hoping for a free Skype alternative, but he said it's been taken down from the Android Market. Bummer.

jcmitchell5

Contributor
Silver
Feb 19, 2010
Arkansas
yes I have a few friends that have droids as well and it does suck not being able to talk with them. This app will work great with the new iPods though. It works with the iPod touches now but you have to have the headphones plugged in. If everyone would just get with the picture and get the iPhone the app would be amazing! :)

fearofnormalcy

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 8, 2010
New Port Richey, FL
www.facebook.com
The biggest plus for us is HeyTell is a GREAT alternative to texting while driving. Tried Dragon Dictation, and while it works great, you still have to press a few buttons to actually send the message which kinda defeats the purpose, and there's no way I'm paying $6.99 for Vlingo's MMS service. HeyTell is the safest free option, IMO.

jcmitchell5

Contributor
Silver
Feb 19, 2010
Arkansas
Definitely true! Works great for driving! I tried dragon dictation but I never did like how you had to save it all and then move to the SMS app and all that. Just seemed easier to text rather than try and do it all...

Doki

Sep 2, 2010
Hmmpf.

A question regarding HeyTell, I can't seem to find it in AppStore, could it be that im living in sweden?

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
It's been taken off the Android market already? I just had a friend get it early today (Android) and it works great between platforms.
Very cool app indeed. Loving it so far.

iusoloman

Bronze
Jul 13, 2010
I want to try heytell without opting in to ping, but how? This seems like a great alternative to dragon dictation.

fearofnormalcy

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 8, 2010
New Port Richey, FL
www.facebook.com
It's been taken off the Android market already? I just had a friend get it early today (Android) and it works great between platforms.
Very cool app indeed. Loving it so far.
My friend lives in Norway, so that may have something to do with it. It seems like an odd coincidence that our fellow Swedish eic member can't find it either....maybe it's only out in the North American market? Just a guess...

My buddy in Norway is gonna keep checking, so I'll keep y'all posted!