Found! A great new app!

Discussion in 'iPhone Apps and Games' started by jcmitchell5, Aug 27, 2010.

1. jcmitchell5

jcmitchell5 Contributor
    Silver

My friend showed me an awesome new app that just came out (or I guess just came out) called HeyTell. It is kind of like using a walkie talkie for iPhones! If you and your friends have iPhones and you want to send out a quick message to them you just go to the app and click their name and talk. When you let go of the button they will be notified of your message. It really is a pretty handy app to have, especially if a lot of your friends have iPhones! Try it out and let me know what you think! :)

2. Hawk

Hawk Genius
    Gold

Thanks man! I'm going to give this a try.

3. Rornelas724

Rornelas724 New Member

Yes! I've been telling everyone about this app since I've gotten it! So many people I know have gotten it so far. Say goodbye to texting!

4. jcmitchell5

jcmitchell5 Contributor
    Silver

No problem hawk! I am sure everyone will love it once they try it!

5. jcmitchell5

jcmitchell5 Contributor
    Silver

Has anybody else tried this app out and like it?

6. fearofnormalcy

fearofnormalcy Evangelist
    Gold

There's another thread where someone was looking for a push-to-talk app, and it got mentioned, so me and the wife are giving it a go. Like it so far!

My only complaint is the description says it's also available for Android, which my buddy in Norway uses, so we were hoping for a free Skype alternative, but he said it's been taken down from the Android Market. Bummer.

7. jcmitchell5

jcmitchell5 Contributor
    Silver

yes I have a few friends that have droids as well and it does suck not being able to talk with them. This app will work great with the new iPods though. It works with the iPod touches now but you have to have the headphones plugged in. If everyone would just get with the picture and get the iPhone the app would be amazing! :)

8. fearofnormalcy

Gold

The biggest plus for us is HeyTell is a GREAT alternative to texting while driving. Tried Dragon Dictation, and while it works great, you still have to press a few buttons to actually send the message which kinda defeats the purpose, and there's no way I'm paying $6.99 for Vlingo's MMS service. HeyTell is the safest free option, IMO.

9. jcmitchell5

jcmitchell5 Contributor
    Silver

Definitely true! Works great for driving! I tried dragon dictation but I never did like how you had to save it all and then move to the SMS app and all that. Just seemed easier to text rather than try and do it all...

10. FavreFan77

FavreFan77 New Member
    Bronze

Just got this app after reading this thread. It works awesome. Best text in a car alternative I've seen yet (besides talking on phone).

11. Doki

Doki New Member

Hmmpf.

A question regarding HeyTell, I can't seem to find it in AppStore, could it be that im living in sweden?

12. jcmitchell5

jcmitchell5 Contributor
    Silver

Huh... I dunno. You may have to type it in as HeyTell. I believe it is one word

13. jcmitchell5

jcmitchell5 Contributor
    Silver

All I have to do is type in hey and it will pop up heytell as a suggestion.

14. phsycology

phsycology Zealot
    Gold

Wow this is awesome! Me and my friend are currently exchanging tactical lingo.

15. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

It's been taken off the Android market already? I just had a friend get it early today (Android) and it works great between platforms.
    Very cool app indeed. Loving it so far.

16. Doki

Doki New Member

Tried that aswell, only checked trough my iPhone tho, might check at home tomorrow.

Cheers!

17. CanadianNemo

CanadianNemo Genius
    Gold

Downloaded it after I saw this post. Loving it! Thanks for sharing :)

18. iusoloman

iusoloman New Member
    Bronze

I want to try heytell without opting in to ping, but how? This seems like a great alternative to dragon dictation.

19. fearofnormalcy

Gold

My friend lives in Norway, so that may have something to do with it. It seems like an odd coincidence that our fellow Swedish eic member can't find it either....maybe it's only out in the North American market? Just a guess...

My buddy in Norway is gonna keep checking, so I'll keep y'all posted!

20. fearofnormalcy

Gold

Not following you....HeyTell has nothing to do with Ping. You just install the app, and away you go!