found an iPhone 3G

Jul 13, 2008
so i found an iPhone 3G but it was dead luckily for me i already own an iPhone 3g 16gig so i used my charger to turn it on but it displays iPhone is disabled and i needthe 4 digit code to use it anyway i can unlock it ? if i cant what do i do with it ? throw it away ? would anyone even want to buy it like this ?its a little scratched from being on the floor but stil looks good and screen is in good shape thanks for the info everyone thanks in adv

danipoak

Silver
Dec 13, 2007
Not Alaska
Turn it in to the lost and found where you found it jerk off.

Jul 13, 2008
no lost and found by my bus stop i asked people around me and no luck ..

cabinets

Bronze
Jul 20, 2007
Atlanta Ga
Take it to AT&T and they can find the owner through the imei or serial number. Do what's right, ok?

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
I would, only because i care about a fellow iPhone 3G owner, turn it in to the local police there in that town. I would suggest to the police that the only way to identify the owner would be for them to unlock the phone right there in the police station infront of an officer since there is a code on it.

I would put up a flyer in the bus shelter, if there is one, stating that an iPhone found at this bus stop has been turned into the local police and you can pick it up there. Please bring your receipt with you to show proof of purchase to the police station. But you will know that the receipt would mean nothing as long as they have the code and can unlock the phone.

It may be a lame idea but that is all i can think of.

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
Take it to AT&T and they can find the owner through the imei or serial number. Do what's right, ok?
Yeah, I was thinking maybe Apple, not so much AT&T could help, but i don't know what they could do with a locked phone. If they get it open i guess they can identify who it belongs to and contact them. That might work if they have that capability and are willing to use it. That would be great!

Y-Less

Bronze
Feb 28, 2008
Netherlands, The
Be a good kid. Return it to the local police or contact Apple providing the serial of the iPhone. They can give you the owners address so you can return it safetly.

cabinets

Bronze
Jul 20, 2007
Atlanta Ga
Good job. Character is doing what's right when no one is looking. Someone is very upset right now having realized their loss. You can make it better.

iconone

Zealot
Gold
Apr 8, 2008
Clear Lake Texas
My friend found a iPhone he called AT&T and they gave him a 100$ credit to his account.

iPhone™

Bronze
Oct 4, 2008
Australia
so i found an iPhone 3G but it was dead luckily for me i already own an iPhone 3g 16gig so i used my charger to turn it on but it displays iPhone is disabled and i needthe 4 digit code to use it anyway i can unlock it ? if i cant what do i do with it ? throw it away ? would anyone even want to buy it like this ?its a little scratched from being on the floor but stil looks good and screen is in good shape thanks for the info everyone thanks in adv
It's people like you who make the world turn the right way.

pstrjoe

Jan 26, 2007
my phone

I would suggest to turn it in. My iPhone fell out of my pocket during a high school football game with close to 2000 people at it. A fellow iPhone user found it, charged it and emailed me and returned it. I was devastated while it was gone and I did not know where it was. I hope you do (did) the right thing.

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
My wallpaper is just a simple black picture (covered the camera lens and clicked it) then I moved it to my desktop and wrote "If found call:" followed by my home phone number. I hope that if I ever have the misfortune to misplace it that someone that finds it will do the right thing and call the number.

Tug

Silver
Aug 4, 2008
Turn it in to the lost and found where you found it jerk off.
Pretty harsh don't you think? Lilprinces came here asking for advice and how to go about doing the right thing and you in turn slam this individual. Your reply does nothing but take away from the quality of this board that Chris has worked so hard at maintaining.

Enough of the dwelling on a troll...Lilprinces, turn the phone into AT&T if your efforts aren't rewarded immediately positive karma will repay you when you least expect it :)

Sep 14, 2007
I Lost my iPhone 3G in the parking lot. I tried calling it and left a message and text, called back in 2 min and someone turned it off. It was a matter of 10 min and it was gone. I only had the 3G for 2 weeks. Luckily I had not sold my 2G yet so I still have that but I am so upset. I hope the person gets it back. I had to pay $600 for mine since I am with T-Mobile. Cant afford to get a new one now so I guess I will be waiting until the new version comes out. Sorry to vent but I know the feeling when you lose an expensive item.