Found iPhone 3G cannot return...help

Mar 18, 2009
The other night I was out and walking to a bar and saw an iPhone laying on the ground. Nobody was around and it was dead so I took home and plugged it in my friends iPhone charger and the icon that came on the screen was a USB cable with an iTunes icon. My friend said that it needed to be connected to a computer and so when we did it said it was in "recovery mode" and it needed to be restored so when it was restored there was no information on it and it indicated No Service and did not give a phone number.

I don't know how to find out who's it is. My friend said put it on ebay or something but I don't know what to do. I would love to give it back to the person but with no information of phone number how is this possible. Last time I found a phone I just called the most recent call (mom) and got it returned.

Picazzo

Zealot
Gold
Jan 21, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
The other night I was out and walking to a bar and saw an iPhone laying on the ground. Nobody was around and it was dead so I took home and plugged it in my friends iPhone charger and the icon that came on the screen was a USB cable with an iTunes icon. My friend said that it needed to be connected to a computer and so when we did it said it was in "recovery mode" and it needed to be restored so when it was restored there was no information on it and it indicated No Service and did not give a phone number.

I don't know how to find out who's it is. My friend said put it on ebay or something but I don't know what to do. I would love to give it back to the person but with no information of phone number how is this possible. Last time I found a phone I just called the most recent call (mom) and got it returned.
Call or bring it to your local Apple store..

iconone

Zealot
Gold
Apr 8, 2008
Clear Lake Texas
Call AT&T they can look up whos phone it is. My friend did this a got a 100$ credit to his account.

zeluiz22

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007

Here we go again. I don;t think I have ever seen something "lost" as often as the $600- iPhone. And always found outside a bar by someone who doesn't know what to do with it so they are forced against their will to offer it up for sale.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
I would love to give it back to the person but with no information of phone number how is this possible. Last time I found a phone I just called the most recent call (mom) and got it returned.
Here we go again. I don;t think I have ever seen something "lost" as often as the $600- iPhone. And always found outside a bar by someone who doesn't know what to do with it so they are forced against their will to offer it up for sale.
Sounds to me OP really wants to find the owner like last time. It was the friend that suggested selling it.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Just ignore zeluiz22's post. Some people assume everyone is a thief...

If you live close to an Apple store or an AT&T store, take it in to them and return it and you'll have karma on your side :)
If not, call one of them. Hopefully they'll send you a prepaid box for return.

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
i personally would just sell it on ebay, you can get a good amount of coin for a 3g. if you wanna make a little more check out the info here about unlocking it. if it was a wedding ring or something that actually had substantial meaning to someone i would try my hardest to find the owner, however the person that lost this clearly doesn't appreciate the value of their iPhone and i wouldn't feel bad about not working my ass off to get it back to them (because they will probably do it again sometime lol).

i'll buy it off you for 200 bucks :)

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
Ya kinda contradicted yourself, though, Pepe.

if it was a wedding ring or something that actually had substantial meaning to someone i would try my hardest to find the owner, however the person that lost this clearly doesn't appreciate the value of their iPhone
If that last part is true, shouldn't you say someone who lost their wedding ring clearly doesn't appreciate the value of their marriage?

Humans make mistakes and can lose even their most precious possessions by accident. It does not make them appreciate it or value it any less; it makes them human.

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
you have a point, i would pawn the wedding ring as well :)

cabinets

Bronze
Jul 20, 2007
Atlanta Ga
i know, my life is THAT pathetic :)
I gotta be honest, I was p!ssed at your first comment, but then I realize that you are stirring it up. Good entertainment.

That having been said, the OP is full of it and is trolling looking for laughs at all poster's expense. He didn't find anything.

glsda

Zealot
Gold
Oct 17, 2007
California
A 'friend' of mine found a lost wife outside a bar, she had no id so should he turn her into AT&T or Apple or may he keep her and or sell her on eBay?:p

iCafe

Dec 11, 2007
www.wwtdd.com
A 'friend' of mine found a lost wife outside a bar, she had no id so should he turn her into AT&T or Apple or may he keep her and or sell her on eBay?:p
Craigslist is better for selling women
make her do something strange for a little bit of change
i should know, check out my purple mink its pimpin pimpin