found iPhone

believe_it

Dec 4, 2008
i know this has been the topic of much previous conversation. i saw this post on this site somewhere before, but, cant find it again to bump it.

anyways, i did find a iPhone 3g 16GB. it was in a field next to a bank near my house. i walk across this field frequently to get to sherlock's pub. guess what i happened across? yes a new iPhone. i don't care if you believe my story or not. there was/is nothing wrong with this iPhone. aside from it has some dirt on it. no scratches, screen still perfect. but, what i thought was fishy is that there is no simcard in it. it is a blank phone. my guess is the previous owner obtained it illegally and was using it as just an out-calling phone. but i have no idea why they would have dumped it in a field... maybe if fell out a pocket or something. those idiot thugs who wear their pants below their ass wouldn't notice if something was or wasn't in their pockets. anyways, i don't care how it got there. i found it... so now its mine! i never find anything, or win anything, so this is a huge find for me! hell, i already have an iPhone 3g, but its an 8GB. the one i found is worth more than mine.

im not too concerned about doing the right thing at this point. i doubt anyone is looking for this phone... no simcard. might as well make a buck or two.

what would you do?

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I'd still return it. It's possible to match up with the original owner with the IMEI number.... no SIM is necessary.

Lots of people carry two phones and swap SIMS. Even if the person who dropped it was shady, the person they may have stolen it from probably wants their phone back.

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
Here we go again. Another one post poster saying they found an iPhone and are not giving it back. SUSPECT!

What makes the post even more suspect is you explaining that you don't care if anyone believes you. You also went right into you are not giving it back. And last but not least you already have an iPhone but just decided to join a forum when you "Find" an iPhone yeah right...Mark

believe_it

Dec 4, 2008
Here we go again. Another one post poster saying they found an iPhone and are not giving it back. SUSPECT! Mark
im a one post poster because i just found this thing and didn't know what to do with it. i found this blog on google "lost iPhone" and just signed up to get some insight. not really looking for judgment calls from you regulars. like i said i don't care if you believe me.

mittenman

Silver
Jul 25, 2007
Nowhere, Mitten
im a one post poster because i just found this thing and didn't know what to do with it. i found this blog on google "lost iPhone" and just signed up to get some insight. not really looking for judgment calls from you regulars. like i said i don't care if you believe me.
You don't care if we believe you? With a screen name of "believe_it"............

Turn it in please.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
like i said i don't care if you believe me.
Hence your screen name.

Yes, the original owner can still be found without a SIM, which I guess is the main question. Beyond that is a judgment call. You know what the right thing to do is.

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
Ok "if" and that's a big if you are telling the truth. You don't need to come here to ask us what to do. If you have enough sense to post here and already have an iPhone then you already know what to do. Return it to an AT&T or Apple store. Let your conscious be your guide. Mark

clearwaterphin

Oct 7, 2008
Clearwater Florida
So why end the 1st post with "what would you do?"?
I would try to find the owner myself,but thats just me....I believe in what comes around goes around...Obviously you disagree as your not concerned with doing the right thing....

The good thing is if you get jumped by those "idiot thugs who wear their pants below their ass" you can call the police,using their phone....CLASSIC

oh...I don't believe you...LOL

believe_it

Dec 4, 2008
for christs sake guys, an iPhone is found and immediately i stole it. i guess whoever smelt it dealt it right? i still have it... its not like ive done anything wrong yet. wow, freakin iPhone police.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Why even go to the bother of joining EIC and posting when you know you are going to keep it? People like you are a waste of my time. I am out.

TarekElsakka

Genius
Gold
Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
Dude, you're just bluffin. Do you expect us to believe that you aren't going to return it just because it doesn't have a SIM and they won't find the real owner? By then anyone would steal iPhones, throw the sim cards that were in them, and get away with it. OF COURSE they have their own ways to determine and find the real owner lmao.

zeluiz22

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
Huh?

i know this has been the topic of much previous conversation. i saw this post on this site somewhere before, but, cant find it again to bump it.

anyways, i did find a iPhone 3g 16GB. it was in a field next to a bank near my house. i walk across this field frequently to get to sherlock's pub. guess what i happened across? yes a new iPhone. i don't care if you believe my story or not. there was/is nothing wrong with this iPhone. aside from it has some dirt on it. no scratches, screen still perfect. but, what i thought was fishy is that there is no simcard in it. it is a blank phone. my guess is the previous owner obtained it illegally and was using it as just an out-calling phone. but i have no idea why they would have dumped it in a field... maybe if fell out a pocket or something. those idiot thugs who wear their pants below their ass wouldn't notice if something was or wasn't in their pockets. anyways, i don't care how it got there. i found it... so now its mine! i never find anything, or win anything, so this is a huge find for me! hell, i already have an iPhone 3g, but its an 8GB. the one i found is worth more than mine.

im not too concerned about doing the right thing at this point. i doubt anyone is looking for this phone... no simcard. might as well make a buck or two.

what would you do?
Wait... what exactly are you asking for? Ethical advice on whether to keep it, or technical device on how to activate it? Or are you nibbling for a buyer? What exactly do you want advice on?

glsda

Zealot
Gold
Oct 17, 2007
California
If some one found your iPhone would you want them to turn it in? I thought so. Please do the right thing

zeluiz22

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
If some one found your iPhone would you want them to turn it in? I thought so. Please do the right thing
Read the second to last line of his post. He wants to find a buyer to "make a buck or two." He's fishing.

Best way to spot a liar is by the overabundance of useless details- sherlock's pub, bank, etc.

He is trying to "moral up" by deriding "thugs."

The iPhone is stolen. Noone loses an iPhone in a field, especially with no SIM car.

He knows what to do.

iconone

Zealot
Gold
Apr 8, 2008
Clear Lake Texas
Dude I work with got one from his brother bc he didn't have AT&T he called AT&T and asked if they could find the owner. AT&T did find the owner and gave him a 100$ credit to his bill. Turn it in karma works in wonderfull ways.

paul_h

Nov 22, 2008
Heh hey guys I found this bag of cash in a field, only people who rob banks from "the hood" have bags of of money so I am going to keep it, but I was wondering what you guys would do.

projectdarkside

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky

what would you do?