Found lost iPhone help

thatdude123

Aug 16, 2011
I found an iPhone in the parking lot on the floor and no cars were around it. I picked it up and the batteries were dead. I took it home and plugged it in to charge. The phone said No service... does this mean the owner cancelled the phone service by AT&T? I took out the SIM card and it said No Sim, and reinserted it and it still says No Service. How do I contact the owner?

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
No service huh. Does it still list the phone number under settings.
Might have switched the number to another phone. Worth a shot. Or take it to AT&T they can probably help

thatdude123

Aug 16, 2011
No service huh. Does it still list the phone number under settings.
Might have switched the number to another phone. Worth a shot. Or take it to AT&T they can probably help
yeah i see a number when I plug the iPhone into iTunes... but what's the point of the number for the phone when I have the phone? *EDIT* nvm it does not show the number when i connected it with iTunes. i checked contacts but there were no contacts? did my iTunes sync the contacts? :/

if all else fails I guess I can just take it to the AT&T store. can they do anything with a cancelled sim card?

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
yeah i see a number when I plug the iPhone into iTunes... but what's the point of the number for the phone when I have the phone? *EDIT* nvm it does not show the number when i connected it with iTunes. i checked contacts but there were no contacts? did my iTunes sync the contacts? :/

if all else fails I guess I can just take it to the AT&T store. can they do anything with a cancelled sim card?
Click in settings. Then Phone. Will show the number. The point if u had the number is you could try and call it. They may have switched that number to another phone when the phone u have was lost

S

Surveybob

S

Surveybob

If you cannot locate the owner, Att will put a new micro sim card in it and turn it on for you. Thats how I got mine.

I

ibuonlinemar

Hey man, you're warmhearted person,hoping you find the owner,good luck always be with.:)