Found the perfect sleeve for my iPhone!

Deedubau

Bronze
Jul 10, 2007
http://www.sfbags.com/reviews/macenstein-suede/index.htm

I don't usually like buying skins or cases for my ipods because it kills the natural beauty of the device and I just like them the way they are! Although I have dropped the iPhone a few times (on carpet thank god) I still don't want to get a hard case for it. I've been searching for sleeves for the iPhone for days just to keep it in something while in my pocket (and keep the screen sealed) and this is the perfect match. I just need to keep the thing upside down while in my pocket for phone calls.

My other choice was the ultraslim sena case which looks amazing, but one of the reviews said it's a little tricky to take the phone in and out of the case on the fly which is important for me. I don't like to wear watches while not working so I can enjoy the time without worries and it's imporant just to whip out my iPhone and check the time!

chzxmnky

Sep 17, 2007
Wow, those look really awesome. Especially the Sena one. I was about to ask my sister to sew a little sleeve for me. She's made a bunch for her iPod.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
that's funny... i have been using an iPod video sleeve for my iPhone since i got it last week, and it works great. Much like the OP, i keep mine in my pocket, and use the clock/date function instead of a watch. Originally it was going to be a temporary fix until i decided on a permanent solution, but it has been working so well, i find myself in no hurry.

I'm going to keep searching for a skin that i know will be perfect for me (yeah, i know i might take a while). I am not going to turn into one of you guys that has 5 or 6 cases for different occasions (no offense... just too much money and hassle for me). So far my favorite is the iskin revo... we'll see.

Deedubau

Bronze
Jul 10, 2007
I remember buying 3 difference cases for my old nokia flip phone,a and while the newer one fit better than the old, i resorted to using NO case because it just felt the best (plus the screen was already covered) haha!

Oct 3, 2007
Sena Cases Ultra SLim Pouch

We bought a couple of the cases from Sena the dockable and the ultra slim pouch, I think that the trick to the pouch is that you squeeze from the bottom of the case with your left hand like a tube of toothpaste and the device goes into the rigght hand, it is pretty straight forward some of the shields grab the inside velvet, so what happens is you fight the case removing the iPhone, just pinch the bottom with the thumb and the index finger and the device easily comes out. This leather is gorgeous and when my man uses it he gets lots of compliments and people who ask, where he got it. you may try it and see how you like it.

Crash Override

Bronze
Aug 9, 2007
I've been using my old iPod video (30 gig) slipcover too!

I've got an bodyshieldz skin on my iPhone, but when i want a little extra protection, i slip it into the sleeve that came with my iPod video.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Does anyone know where to get that green backplate?

Finally something sleek enough to store my iPhone in! I'm definitely gonna order one.

To answer your question, this website offers full iPhone repainting, so it's not just the backplate but it's a pretty awesome site. I'm going to have mine repainted once it gets scratched up bad enough to need it.
http://www.colorwarepc.com/

Nikos

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Long Island, NY
www.nikostoscani.com
Finally something sleek enough to store my iPhone in! I'm definitely gonna order one.

To answer your question, this website offers full iPhone repainting, so it's not just the backplate but it's a pretty awesome site. I'm going to have mine repainted once it gets scratched up bad enough to need it.
http://www.colorwarepc.com/
Nice! Thanks man. :)

ipod classic

Bronze
Sep 24, 2007
http://www.sfbags.com/reviews/macenstein-suede/index.htm

I don't usually like buying skins or cases for my ipods because it kills the natural beauty of the device and I just like them the way they are! Although I have dropped the iPhone a few times (on carpet thank god) I still don't want to get a hard case for it. I've been searching for sleeves for the iPhone for days just to keep it in something while in my pocket (and keep the screen sealed) and this is the perfect match. I just need to keep the thing upside down while in my pocket for phone calls.

My other choice was the ultraslim sena case which looks amazing, but one of the reviews said it's a little tricky to take the phone in and out of the case on the fly which is important for me. I don't like to wear watches while not working so I can enjoy the time without worries and it's imporant just to whip out my iPhone and check the time!
Great find! Do you find that its hard or somewhat a hassle to put the phone back in the case though? Being that the pouch seems to be like a pillow case, it seems like you have to straighten it out in order to get it back in. As opposed to the sena, where it seems "formed" hard, ready and in position to just slip in. How do you find putting it back in the sleeve?