Fourth folder under Device/iPad

Discussion in 'iPad 3' started by churin, Jul 21, 2014.

1. churin

churin Member

I am a newbie to iPad.
    On iTune, I once saw fourth folder named as iPad in addition to Musics, Movies and TVShows under Device/iPad. On iPad, "iPad" was a folder name in the Playlists. I could add or delete musics to and from the folder. But now the folder is gone and only those three folders are shown on the iTune.
    On iPad I created a folder named as xyz and could add musics to this folder as done with previously existed folder of iPad. I expected that xyz would show up on iTune as the "iPad" did.
    My question is how can I see more folder besides Musics, Movies and TVShows on the iTune.

2. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

When you say "Folder", what are you talking about? Do you mean Playlists? Or do you refer to the options at the bottom in the iTunes Store app? I'm not sure what you are talking about. You can purchase music, movies, TV shows, Audio books, and Ringtones. You make your own playlists and can name them whatever you want.

3. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

"[Your name] iPad" will show up in the left sidebar in iTunes when the device is connected. It's not a playlist; it's just showing that the iPad is detected by iTunes and available to sync.

You can create new playlists on the iPad itself or in iTunes on your computer and then add music to them. If you create them on the iPad, you'll need to sync with iTunes to get them to show up in the sidebar in iTunes on your computer.

4. churin

churin Member

Not that iPad. "iPad" once shown below the TVShows.

OK, then my understanding is that the playlist named as xyz I created on iPad will show up in the sidebar in iTunes if I sync the iPad with iTune. I will try that and post back.

5. churin

churin Member

Yes, it worked or xyz showed up at two different places. One under the DEVICES and another under the PLAYLISTS.
    How can I create a playlist named for example, as abc on iTune and let it copied to iPad?

6. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

File > New > Playlist > Name the playlist > Add songs > Select Done > Sync with your iPad

7. churin

churin Member

Thanks for your reply. A follow-up question: Is it correct that the new playlist can be deleted both from iPad and iTune by removing the new playlist either from iPad or iTune and executing sync on iTune?