FOX Thinks iPhone will struggle at first

mav

Bronze
May 9, 2007
IMO, it's a fair review.

The iPhone could very well flop at launch as well as succeed. Many people are curious but how many will actually pull the trigger? How many regular people will break their current contract for a phone, excluding the gadget and Apple geeks?

It could go either way. However I agree with the final conclusion. By this time next year, the iPhone will soar either way.

iphonenotify

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
One People

One Commonwealth

One Ruler

One News Channel

Fox News, The Official Message: Guidance for the Chosen

-Sorry, I have strong feelings against FoxNews :p
liberal? nevermind, sorry no politics.

ahactor

Bronze
Apr 4, 2007
Hickland, OH
LOL, not getting into it, thats for a different forum. I guess I could've just said "Fox is playing it safe with that comment, and I don't let their comments hold much water" That was a more appropriate way of saying it
Haha, it's okay, there was no argument sparked. However, that was my first impression as well- you are a mac using democrat/liberal. Although, in most polls, FOX News is the most balanced. So, who knows!

Superfreaknduper

Bronze
Jun 14, 2007
I can EASILY seeing it flop at first. Well as of now anyway, if Apple were to suddenly have a onslaught of details about the iPhone spec's and features and get some reviews out there....then more of the "common" people wont feel as they are buying it blind on faith in Apple, like a lot of people here are.

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
I think so too. The price may turn people off but when they see how amazing it is, they will say screw it im getting one.

Spin This!

Silver
May 4, 2007
I gotta agree with the article. (it's actually from ZDNet... Fox just republished the story.)

Apple will eventually sell more phones when folks with ending contracts switch over.

3dg

Bronze
Jun 8, 2007
I don't think price will be too much of an issue, although it'll be less next year probably. Business users might have trouble with Exchange servers and coordinating with their existing environments. Others like myself that don't like Windows and Blackberry's will be thrilled with it.

But like any new product, it'll be streamlined, faster, stronger with future releases. The big question is how they'll handle activating phone service for existing numbers. New numbers are not an issue - they can be pre-assigned.

ahactor

Bronze
Apr 4, 2007
Hickland, OH
I don't think price will be too much of an issue
HA! I have to disagree with that. Price is solely the reason I will probably have to wait a week or so after, I don't have the extra money. Most people are gonna think that iPhone fan boys like us are complete retards for buying a $600 phone.

Marksman

Bronze
Jun 4, 2007
Interesting, I was wondering what the former President of Mexico, Vincente Fox had to say about the iPhone.